Chapter Five

Emma

"Dad should know nothing about the bullies you get it sista?" Jack threatened me, running inside the restaurant and sitting down in a high chair at the bar.

He was so short, barely four feet and he still managed to scramble up the chair and sit down stably, with his heavy school bag over his shoulders and his PSP in one hand.

"Skilled, is all I can say" I whispered to myself staring with empty thoughts at my brother.

"Never mind him!" Mia shook her head and walked past me taking another empty seat next to Jack and facing her back to him.

I too joined Mia facing her and biting my lips.

"Here" she sighed pulling an envelope out of the front pocket of her bag and placing it on the bar.

"Oh seems like tense news, girls" Mack pouted as he kept on cleaning the beer glasses with the same rag every time I looked at him.

"Ya" I rolled my eyes and stared at the envelope.

"Maybe some wine will help?" My dad suggested standing at the kitchen door at smiling at us.

"How long have you been there?" I asked him shocked looking at him with his smugged smile along with Mia peeping out from my side.

"Long enough to know you need a glass of wine" he smirked sweetly.

Mack quickly twisted a delicate crystal wine glass from the top shelf above us, spinning it on his fingers and placed it with the slightest pressure from his fingers in front me and then he poured a huge tail of white wine in it.

"Wow" I sighed, thinking about how I always wanted to learn his bar tending skills.

"I'll teach it to you soon" he smiled, like he read my mind, getting back to cleaning his glasses with daddy eyeing him suspiciously.

"Back to the letter" Mia breathed out loudly, purposely, catching my attention immediately.

"Yes letter. I don't why I am so afraid" I nervously laughed pulling the letter off the table and tearing it open.

"WINE!" I shouted and Mia pushed the glass closer to me.

I quickly took a long sip and put the glass down and started reading the letter loudly.

"Dear Miss Emma,

You are co cordially invited for the Christmas celebration at Raven High School, NY on the 25th of December, 2 pm. This year the school has invited the 2008 batch to enact a piece of the birth of Christ for the girls that study in Raven High School. We also want the play to be very real and something the children can relate to thus we want you to bring your brothers along, no matter what age, to give them a male role in the play along with you. It is also a school reunion for you girls and one guest is mandatory to get along, thus the second guest being your brother or sister if you have one. We look forward to see you there and having a good time.

Sincerely, The Principal,

Serena Gomes. "

"HECK! I'm not coming for this stupid thing of yours!" Jack snapped out, returning from his gamming session suddenly, almost giving me a panic attack.

"A play?" Mia pondered on the words.

"Brothers?" my dad added walking to our seats.

"You went to a really stupid school, which explains it all" Mia snorted, scratching her nose and sipping my wine.

"Em, this is a good opportunity for you. I think you should go" my dad smiled, pulling the letter out of my hands and viewing it. His muscular right hand rested on the bar and his mind was lost in another dimension.