Chapter Twenty Four

Emma’s p.o.v

I decide to go with a pink full sleeves top with my navy blue jeans, just to look casual as well ‘hot’ like Adam had called me.

I didn’t wear any accessories or even fancy shoes. Just slipped on some pretty pairs of flats and left my hair open, letting it fall down, below my shoulders.

I stared into the mirror wondering if my hair seriously needed some change and I guess it would be a good idea to probably dye them some other colour than brown…

I put on simple make up and some really good perfume and left my room, stuffing some money in my pocket and walking into the hall.

Adam was nowhere in sight. I walked around the living room once or twice and then seated myself on a white sofa near the wall sized windows in this beautiful big room.

The entire view of New York City was visible from up here… inspired and feeling really proud to have earned myself such a beautiful home I admired the view and looked at the traffic that moved slowly below.

“Hey” I heard Adam call out from behind me and I turned around to see him, in a black top that had a v shape neck, bits of his chest was easily visible and he had worn a black watch on his left hand wrist. Boots to add to his entire look and he looked really amazing.

Stunned I sat there looking at him and he smirked a little and walked towards me. He let out his hand and I spontaneously put my hands in his and got up.

Suddenly a rush of spicy, cold, smell of a really good perfume filled the air around me and I was slightly, for that minute, turned on with the atmosphere Adam created.

After getting to my feet I re - treated my hand and he turned around walking out of apartment and I followed him.

Seemed like he was taking his car to the place where we were supposed to dine tonight and I was feeling very jittery and nervous about this entire meeting with him, outside the office atmosphere. It almost felt like a date.

After sitting in his car, he started his engine and in no time we were on the road, listening to some country music as he suddenly took the highway and I felt a little confused and worried.

“So,” I patted my lap stiffly and looked at Adam as he drove smoothly across the highway at the speed of 100 mph. “Where are we going for dinner?”

“It’s this little place off this highway called Masks and it’s a pretty cool place that I’ve heard off. Not too expensive but not too cheap either and I really needed some company to go check that place out” he smiled commonly and kept on driving.

Hmm... I wondered in my head… so this isn’t like a date… maybe he isn’t into me, it’s just this place he wants to check out and I’m the only company he’s got so this is like a friendly, fun thing… I thought.

The silence was getting a little weird but I didn’t let it get in my head, so I looked outside my window and watched other cars pass us by.

It didn’t take very long once we got on the highway and we finally reached that place he was talking about.

He wasn’t kidding about the name. It was seriously called Masks…

It looked like a small restaurant from the outside. All around it was the only restaurant visible. There were probably the woods behind and around it and it looked like a pretty famous place since there were many people standing in a line, waiting to get inside.

“Do you think we can get in?” I asked biting my lips and feeling slightly awkward and under dressed.

“Ya, I know the owner, he’s a friend of mine and he had been begging me for days to come check his cave out. I think it will be fun… I hope you drink?” he smiled at me,looking nervous for the first time. It gave me slight courage to know I wasn’t the only one feeling like there was definitely something up between us than causal friendship.