Chapter Eight

20th December

Emma

"Happy Birthday Emma!!!!!!" Everybody jumped into my bed at 8 am in the morning.

The whole excitement about 25th had kept me completely distracted from my birthday and I couldn't believe everyone remembered. I mean of course your friends and family remember but last few days were talks that only concerned of me being the beauty from the past, how I'll be making my grand entrance at the reunion and how I'd rock the dress grandma gave me.

"Thank you" I laughed blowing the birthday candle making a wish and cutting my chocolate mousse cake that dad had specially made for me.

I looked at Mia with curiosity filling my eyes, wondering where my gift was from her.

"Your present is something that I will give you only in the evening" Mia winked as she bounced on my bed, even more excited than me.

"Sure" I told her, now looking towards Jack.

"What? Don't look at me! I'm 12 I can't afford to get a gift for you, but I promise to talk about all the awesome things I can about good things you've done in your past for your school reunion" he shrugged.

"Very intelligent words Jack" I shook my finger at him.

"Well darling, you can keep your party at Alexandra's and call whoever you want" dad spoke, taking the cake off my lap.

"Yes cherry pie, invite whoever you want" grandma added clapping her hands happily. "By the way I'll be giving your gift now" she grinned naughtily.

She pulled out a small packet from behind her back and placed it on my lap.

"I bought this one by the way" she laughed.

I looked at the silver gift wrapped paper and smiled wickedly at Mia and she whispered, "oh boy"

I ripped the beautiful paper into pieces and found a jewellery box. A dark blue small box, I opened it and it made a tick sound.

SO MUCH FUN!

There lay a beautiful piece of golden jewellery I would ever own. It was a beautiful small heart pendant made of gold. It was so tiny, I was afraid I might break it if I tried touching it. The chain was golden too and I just stared at how delicate it all looked.

"It's real gold Emma, and it's to give you luck to find love soon." She said. "The heart will give you hope and will remind you that your soul mate's out there somewhere" she told me, tapping my hands over with hers and giving me tears in my eyes.

"Thank you grandma. It's beautiful" I told her and shut the box and held it to my heart.

"Sooo what are we doing tonight?" Mia asked poking her tongue out.

"We are going clubbing" I told her and dad scoffed.

"Every year we celebrate my birthday at dad's restaurant but this time I thought maybe we could do something different and have fun and dance all night" I added.

"Which club do you want to go?" She asked me.

"The coolest and newest club in town, Havoc obviously!!" I shouted out. " Mack's filling in there for somebody tonight so we will get entry and will be safe" I told her and eyed dad.

"Oh yes that's right. Well as long as Mack's there everything will be so perfectly fine right?" Dad spoke sarcastically. He knew Mack's cool and he'll let Mia and me get drunk.

"Common on dad, it's better than no one" I frowned at him.

"Ya sure, go ahead have fun" he waved his hand trying not to get paranoid.

"Thank you thank you thank you!!!" I gave him flying kisses and laughed and he cracked into a smile too.

"Well its done. We're gonna have a blast tonight!!" I told Mia sticking my tongue out and wriggling with excitement..

"Yeps, see you at night. Try not killing yourself till then, spend time with your family and have fun. I'll catch up with you in the evening" Mia tapped my lap and got off the bed.

"Few minutes later everyone dispersed as if my birthday was over" and my eyes narrowed but it's okay, it was still my day, I could wish for anything to happen and I already had made my wish, hoping it'd come true.

Chris

"Hey Scoff, do you want to check out this new place called Havoc tonight?" Ken bugged me, poking his pencil into my stomach every five seconds.

My real surname was Daniels but I had told the company my surname was Scoff, I had made it up. I lied to them, I know but I couldn't let them know my real surname because then they would know who my dad was and then they would treat me so very different than how they would treat a normal fellow making a career in events. I'd be promoted to vice president in no time and none of my work or name would be mentioned in the events industry or the world. I'd just be called as Mr Daniels son did this and Mr Daniels son did that and no one would even know my name and that I existed as a different individual. I didn't want fake friends or suck ups so I decided I'd go with Christian Scoff out here rather than Christian Daniels.

"Why?" I asked Ken trying to concentrate on the new project assigned to me.

"Becauseeeeeeeee tomorrow is a Sunday and tonight's a Saturday night. We'd have fun! Just you and me and well Dan if he wants to join but it'll be fun. Drinking around, watching some girls dance and drinking some more" Ken poked me again.

"THAT'S IT" I gritted me teeth. I pulled the pencil away from Ken's hand and threw on my desk frustrated.

Ken just shrugged and picked up another pencil and began poking me again.

"So you haven't given me an answer, do you wanna go or not?" He asked me, poking and poking and poking again.

"Ken, I have this stupid 10 year olds party to organize, I've got Gemma eating my mind about her own stuff going on in her life and you poking this stupid pencil of yours in my abs every FUCKING five seconds. I don't think I have the time and patience to go for a night out, tonight" I huffed.

"Well you've got no choice, you owe me remember?" Ken grinned and stopped poking me.

I turned my chair around, putting my hands on my lap and giving him a youhavegottofuckingkiddingme look.

"If you want to go for that sister's thing of yours Scoff you gotta owe it up to me." He raised his eyebrows. Stupid idiot.

"FINE" I rolled my eyes and turned around staring at the paper again. "One condition" I mouthed not looking at Ken.

"What?" He asked from behind me, patiently waiting for the condition.

"No poking and no disturbing for the next 3 hours and then only I will go out with you to this club" I warned him with intense seriousness in my tone of voice.

"Yes sir. No disturbances" he said and turned around getting back to his work.

I took in a deep breathe, thinking good themes for that 10year old's birthday party but all that I thought of was, what if I see Emma there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment and vote please. next chapter soon