Chapter Ten

Emma

The sunlight flew in through the window and my eyes flashed open.

My lips were dry and my throat was still burning.

I turned to look at the table besides my bed and saw a glass filled with water that was placed next to it with lid over and a pink post it stuck on it.

I pulled the note off the lid holding it in my hand and grabbed the glass filled with the transparent liquid and finished it off in one shot feeling a little relieved.

Then I looked at the note that I had been holding in my hands and it was handwritten with such a beautiful style over the smooth paper.

It read,

Emma, last night was wonderful. You look so peaceful when you sleep. I hope to see you soon again and also hope you take care of yourself and not get into any trouble. Please drink the glass of water I've put next to you on your bedside stand and take care of my jacket for me, I’ve left it with you and it’s my favourite one.. Chris

I bounced around in my bed in search for his jacket and rummaged through the bed sheet with my hands inside it. I felt something cold and thick under my butt and I got up and found his jacket under me. I can't believe he left his jacket with me!! This was so cool! This meant he would come to my place again to claim his jacket back and I would get to meet him again!!!

I put his note inside my bedside drawer and immediately wore his jacket, smelling the sweet scent that radiated from it.

It was a little big for me and I sunk inside it, I grinned back, leaning towards my bed and fell into it with my hair spreading all across my pillow.

A few minutes later of already dreaming of falling in love with him I felt a thick vein of pain string in my head and I shut my eyes and groaned. Crap, hangover. I recalled, I had totally forgotten about it.

Then I realised another thing.

DAD!!!! Shit, what if he saw Chris drop me home, who opened the door? Shit shit shit!! I moaned, suddenly feeling like a stack of cards falling over.

I got off my bed removing Chris's jacket and hid it in my closet.

I checked my face in the mirror to make sure I didn't look dead drunk and then I looked down at my dress that I still had on from last night.

I rushed to the bathroom, taking a quick head shower and changing into black slacks with a long top. I slipped my sunday slippers on and walked out of my room with my hair leaking over my clothes.

The house was warm, since the heater was doing its job so I didn't mind roaming around with such thin clothes.

I got to the kitchen to see dad making some kinda other breakfast than the usual pie’s and pancakes. It looked gooey.

"Hie" I sighed, trying to look as innocent as I could.

"I know. Mack told me" dad rolled his eyes looking towards me.

"I can explain. --

"I'm just glad Mack dropped you and Mia home. I had given him the house keys and warned him not to let you drink too much. Anyways I'm letting it go this time but you better not drink so much missy" he said, turning around and placing a spoon full of the gooey thing in a bowl and giving it to me.

"What -" I gasped looking at the weird food and staring at it. The food was not the reason why I gasped, it was the thought – WHEN DID MACK DROP ME HOME!? But my dad thought otherwise.

"Grandma made it. It's hangover food. Eat up" he said looking at me curiously.

"You'd feed me this? You’re a chef dad. You'd feed me white gooe?" I raised an eyebrow, forgetting about the lies Mack told to dad to save my butt.