Chapter Thirty Eight

Emma’s p.o.v

“So why is this place such a secret?” Chris looked at me while I tried paying attention on the road.

“It’s not a secret. Okay, well, I could give you a hint” I smiled and took another turn.

“Ha great! Shoot it out!” he rubbed his hands together and smiled evilly.

“It’s a place you have been to before” I gave him a bored look and went back to looking at the road.

“What the - that doesn’t say much! I have been a million of places out here before. This is no hint, you cheater cock!” he frowned.

“Well, taking me to your parents place was no hint either so shut up or wait till we get there” I spoke sturdily.

“No fun makes you a mean girl Em” he rolled his eyes and looked ahead. Those were the same words he had used in Rome on our date and I was starting to get an itch over my palm to slap him the next time he said it.

“We are almost there” I informed him after a few songs that we heard over the radio. I wondered why was it taking so long to get to my school but then I realized that the time was flying by perfectly it was me who was nervous about the entire outcome of getting there.

“Oh my god Emma Carter, you have got us back to the beginning, what could be so important that you wanted to talk about, that you had to get us here, to your school where all the bad memories lie?”

“Some of us just need to face our fears and some of us just need to face our pasts and that is exactly what I am doing” I drove the car into the parking zone and stopped the car.

“Why here but? I don’t understand!” he looked at me bugged.

“For starters?” I asked switching the engine off and rose an eyebrow.

“Yes?” he waited.

“What do you see on my body that look familiar?”

“Your boobs?” he giggled.

“Shut up. I’m talking about the clothes I’m wearing”

“Ah… why do I feel like this meeting isn’t going to be beneficial to me” he snorted and got out of the car.

I got off too and shut the car door with a loud bang. “What do you mean by that? Let something benefit me for once! Just this once! Tell me Chris! Tell me –

“Tell you what? Tell you that all this while you’ve been wearing my favourite jacket and it gave me great happiness knowing you still kept it. I love my clothes over you and it was a huge, HUGE surprise you kept my jacket” he scratched his neck and started walking inside the school.

“If you noticed it why didn’t you say anything before??!!” I shouted, following him inside.

“Because I didn’t want to ruin things at the beginning of the night.” He admitted and walked into the hallway.

“How could you ruin anything between us by complimenting me or mentioning something important? If you’re so happy I kept your jacket and that I am still ready to wear it, don’t you think that means something to me?” I questioned him following him into another hallway that the previous door followed.

“You’re just testing me Emma. You always are!” he slammed another door behind him and I immediately ran to catch up.

“HEY! DIDN’T I SAY TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT I QUESTION AND YOU ANSWER?” I looked at him with wide eyes, highly pissed and any minute ready to slap him to shut him up.