Chapter Seventeen

Chris’s p.o.v

I stood staring at the audience mostly made up of children. The advantages of being a tree was no one looked at you but you still added to the value of the play. I turned my head to my right where Emma was standing on the opposite side of the stage. She was biting her lips and looking nervously into the crowd. I couldn’t stop staring at her tiny body and wonder, did she purposely wear such a tight costume or was it the last size left for her.

I could make out she was too nervous to look my way. I couldn’t help laugh and look away so that the audience wouldn’t realise a character couldn’t control his laughter.

She was looking so cute, the sweetest thing I had ever seen in my life. It was weird I felt like that, I mean I never saw a girl in a sweet way, it was either she was hot or sexy and all I’d think was to do her but Emma was a complete different case for me. For the first time I felt like holding her in my arms and laughing with her over silly things. I wanted to wake up every morning looking at her beautiful face next to me and I wanted to go do things I usually  wouldn’t never do with any girl, stuff like have breakfast with her.

I spent an hour staring at her face from where I stood. I never realised what went around me but all I could think of was how much more I wanted to know about her.

Suddenly the audience stood up, clapping their hands and hooting at the performance that was over. Emma’s eyes glittered and she watched everybody bow down, in that process her eyes met with mine and saw me staring at her, I immediately smiled back not looking away and made my bow looking right into her eyes and watched her blush.

I stood back up, unconsciously walking towards her when I felt a strong hand wrap around my bicep and pull me back.

I turned to see who it was and I found Eliot smiling at me happily.

“Hey sis” I sighed looking at her lost.

“So did you love my acting?!!” she smiled back at me.

“Aye you did great! I’m so proud of you!!” I faked the compliment. I wasn’t in my right mind at all.

“Good, so I wanted to know, do you want go home now? We have to set up for the part you know!” Eliot looked at me expecting a yes.

“Um why don’t you go ahead I’ll call for my car and come after, I will take a shower here first” I told her, knowing I had to meet Emma before I got out of here and I had promised her I would.

“Why not take a shower home?” Eliot tried convincing me.

“Because like I told you before, I feel too dirty to move anywhere without a shower, plus you told me the locker room will be empty at this hour so might as well take a quick shower. Just go ahead with your friends and have a good time!! Common now Eli, byee!” I pushed her back towards her friends who were celebrating the success of the event. I quickly slipped away out of Eliot’s sight and headed straight for the showers, the faster I finished it off, the earlier I’d get to meet Emma!

Emma’s p.o.v

“Hey!” Jules rushed towards me as soon as I broke eye contact with Chris. “Wasn’t that an awesome play!!!” She jumped up and down with total excitement!

“Ya.. err it was awesome!! I’m so glad it’s over whew! I need to get out of this costume now before it embarrasses me more!” I told Jules walking towards the exit of the last wing.

“Wait - wait a minute!” Jules stopped me and I turned around impatiently.

“What?” I asked her nervous as hell my secret would be revealed which was I had my first kiss tonight with a stranger.