Chapter Eleven

Chris

I kind of felt bad for dumping another project over Ken. I mean it was sort of a relief in one way that I didn't have to do a kids birthday party after all but the downfall for me was knowing that I wouldn't be getting that promotion I had been aiming for ever since I had joined this company. It would take me a year or two more and I guess I’d just have to wait to get to the top which had never been so easy.

"So, how have you been Chris honey?" My mother asked me pulling me out of my thoughts and pouring me some coffee in the mug placed on the table.

We were staying at one of dad's friends place in Paris. He was a big designer in the fashion industry and has 80 shops in Milan, Paris and New York all together.

He insisted we stay at his four stories Paris mansion and that he would offer all services that the hotel would.

Eliot was out shopping and mom and I were sitting and talking about my office and how stupid I was to be working on my own name and with dads in the fashion industry.

"What?" I asked her, hoping she would repeat her question.

"How have you been" she said, repeating slowly and shivering with the tremendous cold around us.

"I've been good.. Busy over load of work and other stuff, you know" I said sipping my hot coffee to get some warmth.

"You should work with your father; do his events instead of someone else’s top nosh companies stuff. He'll pay you 10 times better and you can do your own work at your will" she spoke with confidence.

"Mom, I'm really not up for this conversation. Could we talk about something else?"

"Sure honey, which reminds me where is that black jacket of yours?" She suddenly asked.

"I lent it to a friend" I smiled thinking of Emma and looking at the terrific view of the Eiffel Tower that was few blocks away.

"But you never lent that jacket of yours to anyone before. Out of the 100's of them that you've got, that black leather jacket of yours is your favourite one" she frowned confused.

"I know, but that person needed it for a while so I gave it" I sighed regretting my decision of coming to Paris.

"Someone... A girl?" Mom teased.

"Ah no, I got some stuff to do now, so I'll be back later okay?" I said getting up from garden lawn that we had been sitting on.

The servants of the mansion had a breakfast set up outside the owners house since mom loved the morning excitement of winters in Paris. She preferred to die in the freezing cold in the morning than the warm inners of a beautiful, almost palace looking place.

"Alright son" she said waving me goodbye and sipped on her hot coffee.

Emma

"So tell me something more about that night!!" Mia knocked my elbow, while we were sleeping over my bed, squashed together on the single mattress, over our tummies and swinging our legs.

"Nothing happened. I fell asleep, I can't believe that happened. Finally something good was going to take place in my life and you got me so drunk I could barely function properly!" I snapped at her.

"Common, I'm sorry!" She frowned disappointed for the 10th time today.

"It's okay. I'm just shocked Mack knows him, but he still doesn't know where he lives. I can't believe Chris has been to our restaurant so many times, it’s like this world is such a small place" I looked towards Mia who was lost in thought.

"Maybe, maybe you should be careful. Such hot guys don't just walk into the lives of girls like us. I mean we aren't those skinny, tight ass bitches. We are so ordinary and we have never ever had boys as friends that look good as good as Chris. Chris might look interested but his intentions could be totally something else" she said looking back at me with wide eyes.

"Maybe, it doesn't matter Mia, even he want a fling with me it'll do. I just need to get kissed for god’s sake and he's so hot I wouldn't be able to stop myself the next time he comes in front of me specially if he talks to me inches away from my lips" I sighed awed.

"Ya I guess but yet, I'd like you to be careful" she spoke as she rolled off my bed and stood up. "Now let's see some stupid romantic movies" she said as she began to walk to my TV and pulled out her pen drive from her pocket and installed it inside the DVD below the television.

"Shut the door" I told her and she did so.

The different options of all romantic movies displayed over my television screen and Mia walked back to my bed sitting next to me.

"Let's see The Perfect Man" she said, snatching the remote control from my hands and pressing the enter button.

"Fine but after that we'll see Letters To Juliet" I told her and she agreed.