Chapter Seven

Emma

Late that evening, Mia went home and I was sitting alone in my room.

Jack and me were the only ones at home. I looked at the watch on the wall it was 10pm. Seems like my dad was working late today.

I looked around my room. The floor was filled with dresses that I had pushed off my bed and had added to the floor, that already had the rest of my clothes on it.

"What am I going to wear on the 25th?" I sighed.

The door bell rang and I immediately ran to the front door, squeezing the door knob and pulling it open, expecting dad but it was rather someone else. Someone who I didn't expect at all.

"Guess who" she giggled hiding behind her dry cleaned clothes. It was in a suit bag, long and dangled from the hanger hiding the woman behind it.

"GRANDMA!!!!!" I screamed and she popped out from the side.

"How do you always know?" Her eyebrows furrowed and I opened the door wider, letting her enter.

"I don't know but you have an amazing voice like mom, so I know then. Lol" I smiled.

"Well maybe that's the reason why" she agreed and walked slowly and steadily inside the house and straight into the hall placing her hand bag and dry clean on the sofa, there.

She sat down softly and turned to look at Jack who was behind her at the bar playing his video game.

"Hey nana, in a minute I'll come to hug you. I'm sort of winning" he shouted out to her.

"That's my Jack" she laughed rolling her eyes at the hug part and how she knew Jack loved his games but his Nana more and looked at me as I walked into the living room which was mixed with the high tech kitchen. It was a huge room, sort of like two rooms smashed together.

"So your dad called me. As usual he updated me on the things going on in my grand children's lives and I got something for you Emma" her smile widened and her red lipstick smudged over her lips which made her eyes pop out more, like my moms used too.

Grandma was moms mother, she was the only one left from her side of the family. Dad didn't have parents since a young age and when mom introduced him to her mother, he loved her like his own mom and vice - versa.

Ever since mom died, grandma helped dad with the growing up of teenage girl and young boy stuff. She had her own beautiful villa to live in which was just an hour away from our place and she always visited us often.

"What have you got me?" I smiled sitting on the opposite sofa and looked at her with twinkly eyes, anxious eyes.

"I got you a dress" she announced calmly, "Your dad told me about the high school letter and knowing those stupid girls in your school, I got you the most beautiful thing you will set your eyes on and the best part is.... Its your mothers" grandma put the dry cleaning suit in front of her and handed it to me.

"Oh my god" I held my breathe and opened the bag.

A beautiful red dress peeked out from the chain.

I pulled the dress out and it was so sexy. It was a tube at the beginning with a silver belt at the waist and then it flowed beautifully like a gown till the toes.

"This was my mom's?" I asked her biting my lips and staring at it.

"Yes my child, believe me. Actually this dress is lucky, it gets you love. Your mom was wearing this dress at a party where your dad had fallen in love with her years ago" grandma told me, clapping her hands excitedly.