Chapter Twelve

25th December, Raven High School Reunion Day.

Eliot

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you would do this to me Chris!!” I screamed to the top of my voice over the phone, as I walked through the security counter at the Paris Airport at 6 am to catch a flight back to New York, hoping to get there by 2 pm as per given time in the invitation.

With the ticket in the same hand as my phone I struggled to collect my baggage with my free hand, from the security counter and began to walk towards the waiting area to board my flight.

“I’m sorry El, dad took me to Rome to check out a few places he thinks would be helpful for my future career. I promise I’ll be there by the time the play begins, it’s just a 7 hour flight, just reserve a small role for me or something at the play and I’ll be there” Chris’s voice was heavy and convincing.

“Okay you’ll have to catch the 12:30 pm flight to NY to be on time for the reunion party and the Christmas play which will be starting at 8 pm. You’re lucky I called up Serena Gomes and asked her why were we called at 2 pm for a high school reunion? She said it was for practice, for the play and the actual thing would start at 8 pm” I informed Chris as I stepped into the line for the first class ticket counter.

“Serena?” He asked confused.

“Ya, oh sorry she’s the principal of Raven High” I giggled.

“Ya, um, okay El, I’ll be there at 8. Now have a safe flight and see you in NY.” He said ending the conversation.

“Bye” I replied and cut the call, smiling at the air hostess who was stamping my ticket and welcoming me into the flight.

Emma

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god” Mia jumped up and down waking me up from my deep sleep and shaking the bed much more violently than I thought her tiny body could create.

“I’m awake, I’m awake” I groaned, putting my hand in front of my eyes and begging her to stop.

“Sorry, I’m just excited” she blushed getting off and standing in front of my bed and watching me patiently.

When she had stopped shaking the bed, I had thanked god for it and hoped I could catch a few more minutes of sleep but when I realised she was gawking at me like hawk few minutes later, I opened my eyes and looked at her irritated.

“Wake up” she whispered patiently.

“Really Mia?” I crossed my eyebrows and stared at her, “it’s 9 in the morning, the union is at 2 in the afternoon, I don’t need to wake up this early” I told her, shutting my eyes again.

“I know but I have fashion classes today, I want to be able to prep you up for the union asap so by the time you get dressed you won’t need me because I need to leave in a few hours” she frowned looking at me try to go back to sleep again.

I heard the door of my father’s room which was exactly below my room, bang loudly and my lips suddenly twisted into a naughty smile.

“Mia, pie time” I told her and she bit her lips, conflicted if she should continue dragging me off my bed or go eat warm cranberry pie.

“Ah dam it” she stamped her foot and bolted out the door to go eat some pie.

Grinning I went back to sleep but after an entire 5 long minutes I realised Mia was successful after all. I was too excited to go back to sleep again, ah.