Chapter Thirty Two

Emma's p.o.v

All of a sudden, feeling anxious, I put on my makeup and wore a pair of small wedges. I tied my hair up in a high pony tail and had one look at the watch.

It was 7pm.

It had been an hour already and just how Chris had instructed me I went downstairs and stood at the reception waiting for his arrival.

I was going to pretend to be not so interested in whatever his plan was for tonight but in reality I was very excited to see him.

Holding on to my purse I took circles around the small hall, nervous and looking at the clock above the receptionist's table.

It was 7:15pm and Chris still wasn't here. Was this a plan of proving how stupid I was to expect Chris was going to take me out to have fun? Or was I the only idiot to forget that horrible night we had where I had the same expectations as tonight which were crushed by his sister?

I took another look at the watch and it was 7:20. I wasn't going to be fooled or hurt again. Not surprised I started to head back to my room when Chris popped out, entering the reception hallway and looking at his watch.

"I'm sorry babe" he spread his arms wide out and hugged me.

"Babe?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I got late because Mike called me last minute demanding a few things for the bachelor party, or actually cancelling a few things but that man barely knows how to have fun" he smirked and started to leave the premises.

"I have two things to tell you Chris, first of all, don't do things Mike doesn't want you to do, he isn't your friend he is your employer and secondly YOU ARE LATE! And don't call me babe"

"That makes three things not two and I take the babe thing back, reflex, sorry?" he bit his lip.

"I'm not interested about this night as much as you are so if you’re still not up to it we could just grab dinner in the dining room and go off to sleep" I told him stopping in my footsteps.

"Look Emma, if this is you thinking about what happened two years ago then you are spoiling the present moment. I just want to give you something you deserve. I know it looks like I haven't changed a lot and like I'm trying to get laid with you, which I am" he laughed and so did I "but you’re not just any girl to me. You are my partner and my friend. You actually my very first girl --- friend" he tried separating those two words.

"Ya I get it. Fine, let's not reminisce on the past, I rather live this day to the fullest than a moment I had spent in the past." I told him.

"That's good news and by the way, you look beautiful in that pink dress" he smiled warmly and held out his hand.

Grabbing it as a sign of mental defeat, I walked out with him and suddenly stopped.

"Oh my god! Is that a red Ferrari!!!!" I screamed with joy!

"Ya, I hired it for tonight, to give you an full experience of fun, so you don't turn into a boring person again"

"It’s a red Ferrari!!!" I repeated, happy and unable to tell him how desperately we needed one.

"Yes Em, it’s a red Ferrari" he looked at me like I have never seen a car like that before.

"Mike needed a red Ferrari as a show piece on February 14, we can hire it for the wedding!!" I laughed with joy.

"Oh... I see" he suddenly became quiet.

"What?" I asked looking him so settled down.

"You’re still thinking of work, when I'm trying to make you have fun. You are really difficult to sway" he looked lost.

"Hahaha no... I promise no more work just fun, fun, fun!!!"

"Well alright then get in."

We got into the car and Chris seated himself in the driver’s seat. He pressed a few buttons and two champagne filled glasses immerged.

"What the --

"No questions, just follow my lead" he told me and handed me a glass.

"Bottoms up" he teased and I drank the entire glass in a second.

"Good" he smiled and started the engine and began to drive down the Ghats.

In no time we were entering the city when Chris made a stop in a lonely alley.

"Are you going to rape me here?" I asked him as he shut the engine off.

"Maybe" he shrugged jokingly.

We got out of the car and started to walk out of the dark alley.
It was a little smelly and dirty and I was curious as to why did Chris stop an expensive Ferrari in a dark alley.

"You probably are wondering...

"Ya" I cut him off.

"A lot of robberies happen at this time of the night and parking an expensive Ferrari on the road, isn't a very bright idea. It also a risk in the alley but I have already a backup plan if anything happens to that car... Don't you worry" he seemed confident.

Once out of the dark alley Chris held my hand suddenly.

"We walk from here" he smiled and started to pull me towards a large crowd that was easily visible now.

"What's going on... What's all that?" I asked confused.

"Its 8pm.. We are at the wishing fountain and they are going to burst a lot of fire crackers right now so its best we reach the fountain on time before the crowd forms a tight barrier, which will make it almost impossible for us to get to through" he explained.

"Um.. Alright" I agreed and just let him pull me in the crowd. He held my hand tight, locking his fingers in mine which felt good, I felt safe and then he pulled me over to his side.

I was poked and pulled and pushed all around but finally we burst through the crowd and stood right next to the famous wishing fountain of Rome.

"So here's a coin and make a wish, you know the rules" Chris told me and it made me laugh at such childlike dreams.

"Common! Don't look at me, before the fire crackers begin, throw the coin!" He forced me.

"Okay okay" I rolled my eyes and threw the coin in.

"Not so bluntly!" he shouted.

He turned my back to the pool, put his hands over my eyes and handed me another coin.

"Throw the coin over your head, make a wish during the process and feel it inside your heart. You have to believe to make it happen" he whispered into my ears...

"Alright" I made my wish which brought that tiny hope that had died within me back and I threw the coin over my head.

Once down, Chris removed his fingers over my eyes and turned me around to face him.

"Hi" he smiled.

Laughing I replied a “hi” back.

Chris moved his hands to my cheeks and his warm hands felt perfect over my tiny cheeks. I suddenly felt my heart skip a million beats and then suddenly a huge noise echoed above us.

The shower of the fire crackers had begun and Chris and I watched patiently, enjoying every burst and design that formed in the sky. Laughing and pointing out to our favourite design.... I already felt loved and wanted and that feeling was the best feeling in the world I recalled.

After the wonderful show, the crowd dispersed and I took a look at Chris who was lost in thought.

"What next?" I asked still not feeling all that carefree and Chris knew that.

"Now time for the two p's of Italy also available in Rome"

"What?"

"Pizza and Pasta" he laughed.

Grabbing my hand again, he ran pulling me behind him and stopping in front of a tiny pasta and pizza joint.

The small shop looked so pretty, dimly lit with led lights and small tables. We entered the restaurant and was immediately guided to a table for two.

"Is this your plan of making me fat so I don't fit into my maid of honour's dress?" I questioned him, picking up a spoon and fork when the waitress delivered our order.

"Oh that's good news, you already calling yourself the maid of honour" he winked and started to dig in.

"Well, some people just remain children" I spoke very casually and gave him a naughty look.

"Well I don't mind being called a child as long as you get the benefits of it" he slurped his pasta and smiled sweetly at me.

Smiling too I bit a piece of the pizza ordered and relished in every bite of the soft red pasta. It was a delight the food and every bite of it felt like a holiday from the stress I was going through.

After dinner, Chris and I started to walk out of the restaurant and randomly anywhere on the road.

"Where to next?" I asked walking slowly with my hands behind my back.

Chris shoved his hands in his navy blue jeans and the muscles over his chest popped out through his white loose top.

"Do you remember the one word I stressed out on this evening?" He asked.

"Umm.. Fun?" I asked.

"No, the other word" he looked at me shyly.

"God no" I closed my eyes.

"God yes"

"Please no Chris" I bit my lip and stopped walking.

"If you aren't going to walk there, I will take you shopping over my shoulders madam" he laughed.

"No no no!!!!" I begged but I was too late. He grabbed my waist and pushed me over his shoulder. Like a villain, he carried me, hitting my ass occasionally and dragging me to a very brightly lit local street.

Once we were there he put me down and held my arm so that I wouldn't run away.

"Why are you doing this Chris" I struggled under his hold but he kept holding on to me.

"You’re the first girl I have met on this planet that I have seen, who hates shopping" he told me dragging me into a small boutique.

"I don't hate shopping. I shop okay" I told him.

"Sure, you shop at Armani and not Zara" he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a brand girl" I looked at him bugged.

"I know that's why I kidnapped you for street shopping" he laughed.

"Your evil, Chris Daniel, your pure evil" I gave him a mean look.

"Well you know me too well Em" he pushed me into the hands of the owner.

For the next one hour I was a fashion project for that lady, as Chris bought me every possible outfit, everything!!  Just to annoy the hell out of me.

Tired by the end of endless trying of clothes, we ended up with 8 bags and started to walk to our car.

"I'm exhausted" I looked at Chris and he nodded.

"Don't you worry honey" he started to fool around, "superman's got the car for ya!" He ran to the get the car.

Luckily it wasn't stolen or anything. Chris was right and very smart. He dumped the bags in the car and made me sit like a princess next to him and drove us to the mansion again.

+++

Standing outside my room's door with 8 bags in my hand, I looked into Chris's eyes and he looked into mine.

"Did you have fun?" He asked leaning into me.

"It felt like it was on fast forward... But it was a lot of fun" I smiled back.

"Can I tell you something?" He whispered into my ears and I bit my lips as a sign that meant yes.

"I've never taken a girl out on a date" he admitted.

"Are you serious? Not even to get laid?" I raised both my eyebrows in shock.

"Well if a date was to get a chick laid then its called a booty call not a date. So no, you’re the first girl I have taken out on a date"

"I guess then you kept your promise even though it took two years for you to complete it" I laughed shyly.

"Wow I was just going to say the same thing.... I remember asking you out on a date which never happened due to my sister... And then I never asked another girl ever out after you.... Which means I kept my promise" he leaned further in. I could smell his chocolaty breathe, it was just the same. I wondered if his lips tasted the same way too...

He leaned even further in.. But it too soon to tell if this wasn't about the sex.

Before his lips could touch mine I spoke, "So Chris, this was a date? Not a trip to make me have fun?" I asked him teasingly.

"Um.. No it started out for the fun sake of it ... But ended up as a date... Why?" He crossed his eyebrows curiously.

"Just asking.... Wouldn't want to ruin our friendship now that we can actually be friends" I looked innocently at him.

"Right" he leaned back and knocked his finger to the wall next to me.

"Ya.. See you tomorrow Chris" I gave him a sorry look and opened my room's door.

"You too, goodnight" he waved out and watched me shut the door in front of him before he entered into his own room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next chapter to be awaited