PART 2 - Chapter Twenty

1 Year 11 months and 24 days… later (2012)

Emma

“So… are you excited?” Mia asked me over and over again and I shook my head with excitement not able to tell her how I felt.

“I guess I am” I told her picking up huge my suit case in which I had dumped most of my clothes blindly in.

“Good, I hope you’ve taken everything, I’m guessing you really don’t want to leave anything behind for your new apartment!” Mia screamed with utmost happiness bubbling from her voice.

“Well I think I have taken everything….” I told her looking around my closet to check if I had left anything out.

As I went through my old clothes and a few things I didn’t want to take with me, I came across the last section of my cupboard that had a cardboard box inside it.

“What’s this?” I asked bending down and checking the box. I opened it and came across a few old winter wear clothes and shuffled through it when Mia shouted… “No Emma! Don’t look in there….

And bam…

My hands felt a silky leathery jacket that lingered at the bottom of the box, it felt so soft I had to pull it out and my heart beat stopped at the sight of what I had just picked up.

Mia sighed feeling terrible that she couldn’t stop me from finding the one thing which she had successfully hidden from me, exactly one year, eleven months and twenty four days ago…

Mia couldn’t do anything to stop me because she wasn’t next to me, she wasn’t even in my room, well, she wasn’t even in this country anymore. She was at Italy, skyping with me as I packed my bags to escape from this side of the town, to try to start a new beginning.

Mia graduated along with me this year, we both had an early graduation in November and were working with the firms we had once dreamed off as permanent employees.  We had joined our dream company’s as interns a month after the incident that had happened with me at my high school reunion.

I was a mess for a very long time but all thanks to Mia, it took me only a month to get back on my feet and go try out for something new. Mia always imaged she’d get to go to Milan and Paris to work for a fashion company called Lance which was the best company for shoes and she joined the firm as an intern in New York as a trial and once her talent was discovered they immediately called for her to change her location from New York to Paris to be their permanent employee of the firm.

As for me? I joined the Blue Fox Corp. the best event management firm in the world and in a matter of months I was made a permanent employee. It had been almost two years since I worked for the firm and I was expecting a promotion from my boss at the end of this month.

It was the time of the year… the day actually, that had left me shaken ever since it had happened. It was going to be 25th of December tomorrow and I wanted to get out of this house before I would lie in my bed crying all day, just like I did last year and the year before that. It wasn’t like I hadn’t moved on… I had, but he was my first and it was difficult not to remember him and feel again.

After ‘him’ I couldn’t even take his name anymore, but after ‘him’ I had many boyfriends, many make out sessions but never any sex and never fell seriously for anyone again.

It was heart breaking but as time passed by I accepted it that Chris ruined it for me forever with other men and that with each day passing by, my hate for him grew just a little more and more all the time. He never returned for his jacket, never saw him at Alexandra’s and never caught him walking on the road or near his college area. I never saw him ever again. He didn’t try calling or explaining his reason for not fighting for me, his reason for not fighting with his sister just to have me by his side. I assumed he was the kind of guy who just saw women as toys and money as a supplement to create fire.