Chapter Thirty Seven

Emma’s p.o.v

“Wake up!!” someone shook my shoulder’s hard.

“What! Let me sleep!” I snorted.

“It’s 5 pm! You slept through half the day! Grandma told us about your plan; you need to get to your stupid school!” Jack grunted.

“So what if its 5? I haven’t slept for weeks properly in Rome. I need sleep” I wined and pulled the pillow over my face.

“That’s it” he roared and pulled the bed sheet off my body.“GET DRESSED!” he shouted.

“No” I turned away.

“Are you that afraid of him? Well then I guess I will have to call him myself to meet you.” he found my phone and began to dial.

I sprung off my bed and grabbed the phone from his hands but it was too late. Chris already picked up my call.

“Emma?” he confirmed.

“Yes… Yeess. I’m here, hi” I calmed myself down but my heart beat raced faster than it ever had before.

“Hi, I’m glad you called, I was waiting for it” I could hear him breathe heavily.

“Well, are you back from Paris?” I asked wondering if this entire plan of grandma’s was a stupid idea or not.

“Yes, I just got back today morning and then just came home and crashed. Well actually your phone call woke me up” he grinned.

“Oh.. Well ha-ha same here” I laughed nervously.

“I guess we both are such sleepyheads” he made me laugh.

“Ya I guess” I bit my lip not finding the courage to ask him if he’d like to meet me.

“Hey if you don’t mind do you want to meet me tonight?” he all of a sudden asked me boldly before I could.

“OH… ya! Sure” I replied back enthusiastically, maybe a little too much.

“Alright then… I’ll come pick you up” he snorted sweetly.

“Hahaha okay, but after wherever you are taking me, I want to take you to this place… we need to talk there”

“Ya, okay. So then I guess  I will pick you up at 7?” he asked me.

“Sure” I nodded and fidgeted with the frills of my pyjama’s trying to guess where he wanted to take me.

“See ya”

“Bye” I replied and cut the call.

Jack stared at me, curiously.

“What?” I asked him.

“Nothing, look good and wear his jacket” he sniffed and walked out of my room.

“Weird” I whispered and got off my bed. I took a look inside my cupboard and dug up Chris’s jacket. As I held it in my hands a few bad memories returned but then the good ones that were formed in Rome over took the bad memories and the jacket no longer made me angry but it made me blush and smile a little.

I placed the jacket over my messy bed and pulled out a pair of black jeans and a red tube top. I matched the pair of clothes with high black heals with sequencing on them.

I headed into the shower and took a long time inside it. I revised the way I would tell him about my true feelings and only tried to think about the positive responses he would reply back. I went over my lines again and again as the hot water soothed the back pain I was getting with all the stress.