Chapter Twenty One

Emma

How long have I been in this storm? I wondered.

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and stared at myself.

My hair was tied into a high pony, a few wet strands of hair stuck to my cheeks and a white towel was wrapped around my peachy body, tightly.

My makeup had spread below my eyes and made me look like a drug addict.

Loud music bounced of the walls of my bathroom and I had no intention of lowering the sound. It soothed the loneliness in the apartment.

My eyes flickered to my wrist watch which was placed over the basins shelf. It struck 12 am.

I sighed. It was 25th December. His glowing face, thin lips and white teeth flashed in front of my eyes. I closed my eyes and imagined his smile, his blue eyes and sexy body. I let my imagination fly free and dreamt walking towards him, grabbing his tie and pulling it which lead to his lips crashing into mine. I made him moan in pleasure and smiled with happiness that he enjoyed what I did to him.

I made him move his hands to touch my waist and crush them under his hold. I imagined his hands moving up to my upper waist and pulling me into his body. I drowned in the thought of me being the only girl for him. I reminisced in the feeling of being loved, wanted and being his. I didn't want to start dreaming but I suddenly realized if I let these thoughts force its way into my mind it would upset me because it would only be thoughts and nothing else.

So I opened my eyes and sighed.

I was back to staring at the mirror and the romantic song that played so loudly changed to a fun one. Automatically my body moved to its catchy beats and before I knew it, I was dancing like a crazy girl in my towel, bouncing around and singing at the top of my voice.

My entire day was spent unpacking. I really didn't want to be alone on the day I regretted every single year since the incident and now that, that stupid day was here and well, I was still alone, I let Chris enter my mind. It was alright if once a year I let him upset me and control my emotions. I really couldn't control the urgency of remembering the horny parts of that day and if it completed my fantasy then so be it.

I crashed over my bed and played with my hair changing the music and playing solitaire over my phone. I got so involved into the game I hadn't realize I had received a message.

When I checked it I realized it was my boss from Blue Fox Corp. Judith my boss said I should come by her office by 10 am and that she wanted me to take up a new project in January, in this coming year.

I replied her 'alright' and shut my game and stared at the ceiling of my new room.

It felt weird to be in such a huge apartment that was gifted to me by the company. It felt empty but mine. I felt I deserved it because I had worked so hard to get it but it felt useless without my family in it or someone to share it with. I felt sad and very alone...

I tried shutting the negative feelings out and shut my eyes forcing some sleep in me but instead weird thoughts entered my mind. I thought if this apartment was all mine and not the company's then maybe I could have a room on rent. The house was big enough for another human being to live in with. It had two rooms and two bathrooms, a single hall and a single kitchen with a terrace.

If I lend the guest room for a rental one then that way I could earn more and I wouldn't be alone in this huge house either. It would be so much fun. I would make a new friend and get my mind off my past. My new friend and I could do cooking turns, cleaning turns and if she was a messy person then I'd just have to give her a warning and kick her out.

The exciting thought of making flyers and rules to get a new roommate occupied my mind for the rest of the night and I was fast asleep even before I was aware I had slipped into my mini coma.

"Emma" I heard.

"You’re sleeping over my underwear" a sweet voice spoke.

"What?" I moaned as I turned around in deep sleep ignoring the voice.

"You’re, sleeping, over, my, underwear" he repeated impatiently.

"What!!!" I opened my eyes and saw a blonde man, with green eyes smile at me. He was naked and his hand was under my butt. I quickly looked at why his hand was there and found myself naked in bed with a white cloth jutting out from below where his hand was.

I was sleeping over his underwear. I slept with someone else!!!! What the hell!!!!

"Who are you?" I asked tensed, pulling the bed sheet over my exposed body and panicked.

"I'm your new roommate remember?" He said, smiling and putting on his underwear in front of me.

"WHAT?" My mouth dropped open.

"I'm your new roommate, and well um you slept with me last night" he grinned, his white shiny teeth flashing into my eyes and I screamed not believing what just happened.

Drops of sweat trickled down my forehead as I woke up from a nightmare.

I looked at the empty room around me and immediately calmed down. I check my body and it was fully covered. It was just a bad nightmare. Maybe I was thinking too much about the roommate thingy and that it turned into a bad dream.

I checked the time it was 9 am.

Reluctantly I got off my bed and got ready for work. It didn't take more than 30 minutes to get ready.

I left my home, taking a cab and getting to my bosses office. I hated driving and it was much easier to either walk it up or take a cab and get to my work place and home. The distance wasn't much and the weather was always amazing in NY.

I opened the door to Judith office and she greeted me with a tight hug and indicated I sit down.

There was a white display of a chapel and it seemed like the next project that would be assigned to me was a wedding. Excited, I grinned and paid attention to every detail she mentioned about the next project and laughed till she mentioned where I had to live in for the next 2 months in order to complete this project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i took so long to upload :( got busy in projects and sorry it was short i wanted to upload and was so sleepy. anyways i hope you guys liked it plz comment and vote and the readership of this book is going up so cool :D

cookies to all

next chapter soon folks