Dr. Jekyll and mister Hyde

People were surprised. Some do not know who I am, some are just bewildered that it is me and others realise that it should be impossible to record what I am thinking.

"Are those your thoughts Kyiotaka-kun?How is that possible?" Yosukue wonders and I do not have the answer for this. This is bad, I remember I was still forming my personality at this point, but I might think about something that would make people wonder about my abilities more.

"Yes and I have no clue," I say. All I can do right now is hope, that this is not all about me. This scene is about Kushida after all, so maybe just everyone's secrets will be exposed? That is still a problem, and no one can learn of the white room.

With me confirming that these are in fact my thoughts, some people got scared. I am not the only one with things to hide after all.

I left the library and chased after Kushida. I wanted to thank her for

working so hard to get the study group together and to apologize. Besides, I wanted to do everything possible to get along with such a cute girl, you know?

I feel something tickling my hand. I see, Kei is unhappy with my comment.

"Do not worry, I only have eyes for you now." I say, the pressure instantly releases.

"This is before the midterms right Ayanokouji?" While he is not the only on, I am still surprised that he realised only from this. I just nodded.

"What do you mean you want to get along with Kikyo-chan Ayanokouji!" This is what he complains about? Really?

"Shut your mouth you pervert. Can you not read the room?"Reprimands Shinohara. They are sitting next to eachother, good. Hopefully, she can keep him from asking stupid questions.

Whipping out my cell phone, I pulled up Kushida's contact information. Although it was my second time calling, I felt nervous contacting her. The phone rang twice, then three times. However, she didn't pick up. Did she not notice me calling? Or was she refusing to answer it? Kushida wasn't around campus, so I continued to search for her.

"Why were you so desperate to find her Kyio-pon?" Said Haruka.

"I just wanted her to help with the study group."

"Sorry for being so helpless earlier Suzune, Ayanokouji" This humility from him is surprising.

"It is fine Sudo-kun. I was too aggresive with my methods" As Horikita says this, I can see a smile forming on Manabu's face.

When I got inside the school, I glimpsed someone who looked like Kushida from behind. It was already around six PM, so the only people here should've been involved in club activities. Well, this was Kushida we were talking about.She was probably waiting for one of her good friends to finish club stuff.I decided to keep up the chase. If she were busy, I'd talk to her again later. Bearing that in mind, I pressed on. I took out a pair of indoor shoes from the cubicles in the hallway, but didn't see Kushida. Had I lost her? I thought I had, until I heard the faint clack of shoes.

The smile on Kushida's face is beginning to look strained. She realised that what she did will be exposed. Did she think this event would be about anything else?

I followed her up the stairs to the second floor. The sound of foot stepscontinued up to the third floor. The next level after that was the roof, wasn't it? Students were free to use the roof during lunchtime, but it should've been locked after class. While I thought it strange, I went up the stairs, trying to hide my presence as best I could in case she was meeting with someone.Then, I stopped partway.Someone was up there.I gently leaned against the handrail and peeked through a crack in the rooftop door. Through the opening, I glimpsed Kushida. No one else was with her. Was she waiting for someone?A rendezvous at such a secluded place... Could she possibly be waiting for her boyfriend? If that were the case, I could end up cornered on all sides.While I agonized over how to sneak away, Kushida slowly set her bag down on the ground.

"You agonized? Do not make me laugh. What's up with your head?"Why did you have to open your mouth Ryuuen? This is troublesome.

"Why would I lie in my thoughts?" This is the best counter I can give. He does not look convinced, but that does not matter. The only problem now is that people are thinking about the relationship between him and me.

"Do you know Ayanokouji-kun Ryuuen-kun?" Just...why Ichinose?

"Am I not allowed to have friends Ichinose? Is that not what your class is about? The power of friendship and all that?"Before I can say anything Ryuuen already sarcastically commented.

He seems to not be reacting to getting kidnapped. Because of this comment, class C's buttons are pressed. The whole class is getting agitated, because of this mocking sentence.

People are still waiting for me to say something, but the best thing I can do now is stay silent. With what is coming, their attention should fall on Kushida. The video starts playing again.

And then..."Ahh, so annoying!"

Her voice was so low that it didn't sound at all like Kushida.

"She's seriously annoying! God, how irritating. It'd be better if she just died..."

She grumbled to herself, as if chanting the words to some kind of spell or curse.

Everyone who knows Kushida is shocked.

"Kushida-san, what is this?" Some girl asks. Now how will you get out of this situation?

"I was just very annoyed with Horikita-san. I am very sorry for my words!"She says while trying to bow down to Horikita in her chair. This makes no sense. The only reason he would do this if would be if nothing else was shown. Maybe this is just desperation? For now though, she knows how Horikita would react.

"It is fine. I was rather mean to everyone back then" Yup. She was banking on Horikita covering for her. Horikita wants to keep her in the class after all. Still... I am disappointed. If her false accusation is shown, she will be ruined.

Everyone is pasified for now.

"Ugh, I hate stuck-up, snobby girls who think they're so cute. Why is she such a harpy? A rotten girl like her couldn't possibly tutor me."

Was Kushida annoyed with... Horikita?

"Ah, she's the worst! She's just the worst, the worst, the worst!Horikita, you're so annoying! You're so damn annoying!"

Nobody was surprised, but the added vitriol from her is starting to have an impact on other students. At least from what I can decipher.

I felt like I'd glimpsed another side of this gentle girl, the most popula rperson in our class. She probably didn't want anyone else to see this darker side. A voice in my head whispered that it was dangerous to stay here.

"Yeah. Getting away would be good." A random student from class a commented.

However, an odd question arose. Why had she agreed to work with me if she felt such hatred toward Horikita? Kushida should have understood Horikita's personality and behavior perfectly well by now. She could have refused to help, or just left the study group to Horikita, or otherwise washed her hands of involvement.Why force herself into the study group? Did she want to get along with Horikita? Or did she want to become closer to another participant?

"You really are curious aren't you Ayanokouji-kun" Sakayanagi comments.

"I just wanted to know about the situation. Would you not be interested?"I say.

"Do you two know each other?" Hashimoto really wants to know about me huh. Even after stalking me, it seems he can not get enough.

"We were both captains in the event selection exam, so we chatted for a bit" That is a natural answer I think. Sakayanagi says nothing, because she knows I want to not attract more attention.

"Be careful Ayanokouji, she got Yamamuchi expelled! You should keep away from her."Said Ike. Is he concerned for me? Or maybe he does not want another classmate expelled by her.

Sakayanagi just chuckles.

None of it made sense. I couldn't explain her reasoning.No. She may have shown signs of this from the very beginning. I hadn't really thought about it before, but considering the state she was inright now, I had a hunch. Perhaps, Kushida and Horikita were...At any rate, I needed to get away from there. Kushida probably didn't want anyone else to hear her diatribe. Still hiding, I quickly tried to leave.Thump!I'd kicked the door much louder than I'd anticipated. It'd been unexpectedly loud, really. Kushida tensed and stopped breathing. I'd instantly become her enemy. Turning, Kushida set her sights on me.

No one said anything, but the pained expression on some peoples faces said it all. I really should have not kicked that door. Everyone was getting tense, Kushida realised it too. That our confrontation will be shown.

I'd been seen. After a brief silence, Kushida coldly asked,

"What...are you...doing here?"

"I got a little lost. Sorry. My bad, my bad. I'll be going now."Kushida looked straight at me, clearly seeing through my obvious lie.

"That really was a bad lie Kiyotaka" Said Akito. I know, I know.

I'd never seen such an intense gaze before.

"Did you hear?" she asked.

"Would you believe me if I said I didn't?" I replied.

"I see..."Kushida briskly walked down the stairs. She placed her left forearm against the base of my throat, and pushed me up against the wall. Her tone of voice, her actions, everything about her was completely unlike the Kushida I knew. This new Kushida wore a terrifying expression, one that I could almost compare to Horikita's.

"What the hell Kushida-san?" Says Sato. It seems she is defending me even after being rejected.

Meanwhile, Kei is squeezing my hand harder, and an expression of concern is on her face. Why? She saw me confront Ryuuen. Is this just what a girlfriend does? Worries about me over the smallest of things? I like this, I think.

"Yeah, what are you doing to Kyo-pon!" Thank you Haruka. Kushida is silent through all of this. She can not think of anything to say or thinks silence is the best answer. Whether that is true or not, it remains to be seen.

"If you tell anyone what you just heard, I won't forgive you."Her words were ice, and I didn't think they were an idle threat.

"And if I did tell?"

"In that case, I would tell everyone that you raped me," she said.

Everyone starts getting angry for me. Even people I do not know. It is a serious allegation after all, even tough the problem has been solved. Then, It startlingly became quiet. Kushida gave up it seems. Her true face is shown to all right now.

"So this is why you had me spill things on her blazer Kyotaka?" Kei is surprisingly calm about this. Or is this what people call a silent rage? When looking in her eyes, I can see it is. Scary.

"Yes and you did very well that time." She started blushing a bit. While I am happy that she is not thinking about this thing with Kushida anymore, it is still concerning that she can not take compliments well. Or maybe it is, because her lover said it?

"Mouu, Kyotaka. Praise me more."So she can take a compliment and even wants to be praised more? Then why is she blushing? I guess it is, because I said it. I am still unsure. I will have to look this up on the internet.

"Yes, yes Kei is the best" With that, she went from a confident person with a blush on her face to a blushing mess. Cute.

People started getting louder and louder till.
"Be silent." That is the only thing on the projector now. The thing doing this does not want us fighting too much, but why do this then? Of course normal people would react strongly to thing like this.

"I did not give you this opportunity to know the truth, so you could screech like monkeys."

So that is how it is. The truth. This is really bad for me then, if I am shown in any of these, it means something behind the scenes about me will be exposed everytime.

Other students while still mad, realise that nothing can be done for now and that this is an opportunity to know about more secrets, so they calm down a tiny bit. We humans are curious creatures after all. Give us a chance to know more secrets, and we will seize it.

"That's a false charge, you know."

"That's okay. It wouldn't be false."Her words had heft and power, leaving me unable to reply. As she spoke, Kushida grabbed my right wrist and slowly opened my hand. She pushed my palm up against her soft breast.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I hurriedly tried to pull away, but she pushed on the back of my hand.

"Your fingerprints are on my clothes. That's evidence of my claim. I'm serious. Understand?"

"I understand. I really do. So let go of my hand."

"I'm going to leave this uniform in my room without washing it. If you betray me, I'll hand it over to the police."I glared at Kushida for a while as she kept my hand pressed against her.

"It's a promise," she said.Kushida stepped away from me. Even though this was the first time I had felt a girl's breasts, I found I couldn't remember the sensation.

Even the perverts in the audience did not get mad. A person would have to be unbelievably perverted to get upset with me in this situation. Everyone was just shocked she has gone so far.

"Is she still blackmailing you with this?" Asks Horikita. Even she is concerned.

"No, I had it taken care of" She calms down a bit.

"Is this aside from her being a spy a reason you wanted her expelled? If so I completely understand and you should have said this, I would have changed my mind about keeping her in the class."

"It never was a problem, if she was trying to make me do things I would have taken other steps. But you see now, no? How far she can go to get what she wants?" Horikita will want her expelled after this most likely. Good. That ticking time bomb needs to be taken care of.

"Hey, Kushida. Which is the real you?"

"That's none of your business."

"I see. Well, I was wondering something. If you hate Horikita, then you don't need to involve yourself with her, right?" I knew she probably wouldn't like that question, but I was curious about her motivation.

"Is it bad to want everyone to like you? Do you understand how difficult it is to accomplish that? You can't know, can you?" she asked.

"Well, I don't have that many friends, so I guess not." Ever since the first day of school, Kushida had made an effort to exchange contact information with, invite out, and, of course, talk with the pessimistic Horikita. One could easily imagine how difficult and time consuming that would be.

"At least on the surface, I wanted to appear to get along with Horikita."

And now she will get along with way less people. This will probably be the only good thing to come out of this. She will get expelled from the class if we get out. It is still an if, but the thing doing this does not seem to have any other interest other than to release our secrets.

"But the stress of that just kept building, huh?"

"Yeah. That's what I want out of life, though. That way, my existence has meaning." She answered without hesitation. Kushida had a singular way of thinking. Her own internal rules demanded she get close to Horikita.

"Let me tell you something, while I have the chance. I absolutely despise gloomy, ordinary guys like you."

"Ayanokouji-kun, you are not gloomy you know." Is Ichinose trying to cheer me up even in this situation?

"I agree Ichinose-san, but I do not think that this is something to concentrate with what is happening," said Yosuke. I agree.

Is Ichinose being teased by girls from class C? There is a blush on her face. Maybe she was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere for her class like I did to Kei?

The fantasy of a cute Kushida that I'd carried until now had been shattered, but I wasn't actually that shocked. Most people possessed both a public face and a private, inner self, after all. However, I felt like Kushida was both telling the truth and lying right now.

People were nodding. They seem to agree with what I was thinking.

"I'm just speculating, but did you, and Horikita know each other before this year? Maybe you both attended the same school in the past?"

The instant I said it, Kushida shuddered in response.

"What the... I don't know what you mean. Did Horikita-san say something about me?" she snapped.

"No, I had the impression that this was the first time you'd met. But something seemed strange."

"Strange?"I recalled the first time Kushida had spoken to me.

"You learned my name only when I first introduced myself, right?"

"So what?" Kushida responded flatly.

"Well, where did you learn Horikita's name? Back then, she hadn't introduced herself to anyone yet. The only person who knew was Sudou, but I doubt you'd met him by then."In other words, Kushida wouldn't have had the chance to learn Horikita's name.

With that, the video ends.

"You really are observant Ayanokouji-kun. I guess that is something to expect from you with everything else" Comments Horikita.

Nobody comments. It seems my reputation in the school has risen quite a bit.

"You did not even want to introduce yourself to your neighbour, how would I not be suspicious about how she knew your name?" As I said this, some people from my class were shocked.

"Really? Everyone thought you were really close from the start. Right everyone?"Wondered Onodera. Nods were what greeted her question. That rumour, that we were dating still has not dissipated yet. That is rather annoying.

"No. The video does not show this, but I tell this to Kushida too. We were not close."Understanding appears on people's faces. Everyone chooses to ignore that I mentioned Kushida's name. So this is her punishment. Probably the worst thing that can happen to a person like her. Total isolation.

A/N: Edited the chapter, because of some grammar mistakes and made the LN chapters easier to read. 

Started this fic, because no one reacts to a scene that I find very important. Critique welcome.