A gathering between classes

"It's so hot today."

How many times had I said that this summer? Still, it really was hot, no way around it. Even if saying so out loud made you feel hotter, you couldn't stop yourself. Just thinking the words didn't help. Cicadas were probably the only creatures who preferred this sweltering heat.

"You really hate heat. Good to know." Says Ryuuen. 

That is not really something you can use. While I dislike it, I can suffer through it with no problem if the need arises. 

Leaving Ryuuen to the side, this is around the same time the last scene was shown. Nothing much should happen aside from a talk with Kei. 

Heat aside, I'd gotten caught up in yet another unusual incident. If the other guys knew about this situation, they probably wouldn't be happy with me at all. It was a very nasty problem. Well, let's start from the beginning.

"Hoh? Does Kyiotaka have a secret girlfriend?" Asks Akito.

"Don't be silly Miyake. We talked about romance after our group formed and he said he had no one." Says Haruka, with a bit of a panicked expression on her face.

The reason for that is Sakura, or it looks like it at least. I should just keep my mouth closed here, I do have a secret girlfriend after all.

A tree-lined path a short distance from the dormitory led to the school. If you went off that path, you'd find a rest area. That's where I was. It was a popular spot to sit down and chat. There were several benches and vending machines, the view was great, and many students frequented it in the early spring. The heat made this a rare off-season period for the rest area. It was completely deserted, which turned it into a perfect spot for a clandestine meeting.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting."

As I sat on the bench, Karuizawa Kei walked toward me. She shaded her eyes from the blinding sunlight with a hand and looked at the sky.

"So hot," she muttered. 

Apparently, we were of one mind on the subject. Karuizawa's long ponytail bobbed as she sat down next to me. She wore an unusually casual outfit: jeans and a simple shirt. Even so, the outfit looked coordinated and stylish.

Kei looks smug, she does like it when I compliment her fashion style, so it makes sense. 

I supposed girls had to prioritize fashion no matter how hot it was, which had to be tough.

I can see girls nodding around me. Looks like I was correct.

"I know you're busy right now. Sorry for dragging you out like this," I said.

"Are you being sarcastic? I played around too much this summer. I don't have any points to spend, so I've just been hanging out in my room."

"Do you have plans tomorrow?" I asked.

"I can't really do anything without money. I'll probably be sleeping." It sounded like Karuizawa really was indulging herself this summer.

"You should get a lot of points next month, though. I mean, after the last test."

During the exam on the cruise ship, Karuizawa—who'd been the VIP—had worked together with me. We managed to keep her identity secret until the test ended. Because of that, Karuizawa would receive 500,000 points as a reward come September. 

"So how did you do it?" Asks Hashimoto. 

Now, why would I even answer that? 

"You can already see into my head. What makes you think I will answer things about class exams to people not even from my class?" I say.