Love advice

"Good morning, Ichinose!"

"Good morning, Ichinose-san!" Ichinose, who was walking next to me, monopolized all of the girls'attention.

"So these are all about you then, I was right. Or are you a keeper of secrets?" It looks like they are all about me. 

"It looks like it." I just shrug, there is no point in denying it. It is obvious, I was in every video.

People from other classes are glancing at me now. Annoying. 

"You sure are popular," I said.

"I just stand out because I'm the class rep. That's all." It didn't seem like she was trying to act modest. Apparently that's what she truly thought. She had this charismatic force about her that pulled everyone's focus.

I could hear teasing comments thrown in her direction. Class C really loves to tease her leader. I need to concentrate on the projector, let's see if I will need to say something this time.

"Ah, that reminds me. Did you hear about summer break, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Summer break? No. I mean, isn't it just summer break?"

"I've heard rumors that we might be taking a vacation to a tropical island." That sparked a memory. I'd forgotten about it, but Chabashira-sensei had mentioned a vacation.

"I can't believe it, though. Could we really go on a vacation?"

It probably wasn't a normal school field trip. I mean, just look around.It was no exaggeration to say that this school was fancy. Going to a tropical island in the summer and visiting a hot spring in the winter...It was all incredibly suspicious. I really didn't think our school was going to be so good to be true. They had to be keeping something from us. I wondered what Ichinose thought. But I saw from her bitter smile that she also had doubts.

"Anyone with a brain would. It is modus operandi for the school to pull such twists out of their hat." Said Sakayanagi. That is true, after the S-System was released, everyone should have realised, that even vacations would be different than normal. We got a week free at least. Some people do look a bit embarrassed. Did they not understand that at that time?

"It's suspicious, after all. I think it's going to be a turning point."

"In other words, you think our class points could fluctuate wildly over summer break?"

"Yeah, yeah. I think there might be a hidden task, one that has a bigger impact on us than the midterms or final exams. Otherwise, the difference between Class A and us wouldn't close much. We could diminish the gap little by little." That was certainly true. A big, earthshaking event might very well occur soon...

"What's the difference between you and A?" I asked.

"We have about 600 points, so our classes are around 350 points apart."It was only natural that their points would drop since the start of the year, but it was amazing how many points they'd retained.

"So far, the midterm is all that's given us a chance to raise our class points, so losing at least a few points was unavoidable for us. I mean, even Class A has lost points."However, as a result of the midterm, we'd managed to gain back points.

"You don't seem to be panicking."

"I'm concerned, but I think that there's a chance for us to make a comeback. I intend to focus all of my emotional energy on making those preparations."I thought the first part of what she'd said was definitely correct.However, their cohesion as a class made such things possible. Class D had only managed to get 87 points this month. We weren't anywhere close to being able to compete with the others.