A different side of them

I couldn't get to sleep, so I got up and left. I bought some juice from the lobby's vending machine and headed back for the elevator.

So it is me again. This event happens later on the same day if I remember it correctly.

There is nervous chatter around. I guess even if the atmosphere is a bit lighter, no one knows who's secret will be exposed now and how bad it is.

"Kyotaka, is this one about you or someone else?" I guess Keisei is the one to ask me about this.

"Other people and it is not that bad, so lighten up." It is technically about me too, if the scuffle between Manabu and me will be shown. Most likely it will.

People seem to calm down, because of my reassurance.

"Hmm?"I could see that the elevator had stopped on the seventh floor. Curious,I decided to check out the CCTV, which showed what was happening insidethe elevator car. I saw Horikita, still dressed in her school uniform.

"Well, I don't really need to hide, but..."Seeing her might be awkward right now, so I hid behind the vendingmachine. 

"So you really were not close." Says Shinohara.

"As we have repeated countless times. No, we were not."It seems like people finally realise this fact. That is another good thing to come out of this. But if the fight is shown, it will really be troublesome with Nagumo here.(this is set before the uninhabited island exam in the second year.) If his interest ramps up, I will have to crush him. 

Horikita arrived at the first floor.

Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her. However, I instinctively hid again after I turned the corner.

"You can hide well. This and the thing beforehand."Says Matsushita

"I am not the only one am I?" After I said this Matsushita starts blushing a bit. Insinuating her stalker tendencies makes her embarrassed it seems.

"Forget I said anything Ayanokouji-kun." While I understand that you are curious, I do not wish to tell the truth here and I can not risk a big lie. It might be exposed with these videos, so some teasing to draw people away from my abilities to the relationship between us is a better outcome.

"Whats this Chiaki? What does he mean by that?" As expected, Nene would take this situation to joke about with a friend. Matsushita can not find an answer to the question, though. I guess I have to intervene.

"Just a small in joke, you will probably see why in the videos." And now peoples curiosity is abated and even if they want to know more, it would be rude to ask. Especially, because I said it will probably be shown.  

Horikita stopped in her tracks. I sensed another person was with her.

"Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me this far," he said. Had she left in the dead of night to rendezvous with some guy?

"You did not, did you Suzune?" It comes from Sudo of course. Really Horikita, get the hint.

"I am just meeting my brother and if I was it would have nothing to do with you would it?" Replies Horikita. Cold, ice cold. Sudo can not find a good answer to the question.

"I think Sudo-kun just thinks it is unsafe for us, as students to go around alone at night." Yousuke comes in with the save. While not without flaws, at least it does not make Horikita wonder why Sudo does not like her meeting up with guys in the night.

"Ex-Exactly! Thats what I mean Suzune. I just do not want anything to happen to you."Says Sudo, taking the life line offered by Yousuke.

"I can protect myself just fine, thank you very much." Critical hit. While humbled Horikita still has a lot of pride in her, not without reason mind you and Sudo insulting her capabilities hurt that pride. It is better than her realising he has a crush on her, for right now at least. I can not have them acting awkwardly around eachother in this situation.

A bit further away I see Manabu looking at us. It seems his eyes are laughing at Horikita. You do not have much ground to stand on you know. With Tachibana-senpai chasing you like a lost puppy. Maybe they got together after leaving school? They are sitting together, so maybe? Leaving the dense objects the Horikita's are aside. I start looking at the projector again.