Masterminds wish for an ordinary life

I waited outside the student council room until the meeting had concluded. The students from Class C and Sakagami-sensei left first, with Sudou following a little while later. He wore a bright, cheerful expression.

This is the shortest time skip yet and we are back to me.

"So we get to see what Kyo-pon was doing while you were talking. You are like a main character."Even when she said this cheerfully, I could see from her body language that she is was still trying to deal with the situation. Others from the Ayanokouji group look very sullen too, Keisei especially. He understands family troubles the most.

"Yes, it is no coincidence that our group is called by my name." As I said this, I held my hand up as if I was holding a mirror and checked myself out. What I was doing was very silly, but it worked, I got a chuckle out of them, because of how unusual it was. They are one of the ones I do not want to sadden. I actually like hanging out with them, it is relaxing not like with the idiot trio or duo now. That nickname really stuck, huh. 

"Looks like it went well," I said.

"Man, I don't understand what happened, but Horikita did something for me. Right?"I nodded.

"I knew it. I knew she'd come through for my sake. Heh heh heh." Helooked incredibly happy. 

"Well, I gotta head to my club. We should have a party tonight."

"Yeah."The next people to exit were the student council president and Secretary Tachibana.

"Excellent work." I thought we'd just exchange a light greeting, but the president stopped in his tracks to address me. 

"By the way, how did you know that it was me who did it Manabu? Did you have proof or was it just intuition?"I honestly am curious. Did he know, because of his influence or his knowledge about his sisters character?

"I just know that Suzune of that time could not think in such a way as to plant proof and also somehow make the complaint go away. She was the type of person to plainly argue and stay in the rules. If it was Suzune from now, I would believe she could do it, not before, someone had to nudge her in the right direction."As he said this, Suzume started to blush a bit.

"Yes, she has grown a lot since then." Now she is looking down at her lap. She is smilling, though.

"T-Thank you for the compliments. I will keep growing Nii-san."She says after taking a few seconds to control her face a bit. While she does not mind smiling in front of Manabu, showing so much emotion to everyone else is something she does not want to do. I need to take this chance with her brother here to tease her as revenge for everything. 

"I have approved Class C's request to withdraw their complaint."

"Is that so?" I said. 

"Well, I guess miracles do happen."Horikita's brother remained still and looked me in the eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"So this was all to prove that Sakura wasn't a liar, as you said? I suppose if Class C withdrew their complaint, then talk would spread quite naturally. If Sudou or Sakura weren't the liars, then Class C was."

Airi looks at me shily. At least she can keep eye contact with me, maybe this whole thing is making her grow in some way. Or it might have just happened with time and the results are showing.

"Thank you for doing this Kyitoka-kun." Airi rushes those words out.

"It was no problem, but Horikita did participate too. So you should thank her aswell."After I say this, Airi turns to Horikita with a concentrated expression on her face.

"Then, thank you for your help Horikita-san."

"It is no problem." Horikita says. It is understandable that Airi would thank me. No one wants to be seen as a liar by the school. The reason I did this is two fold. Airi needs to speak to more people and Horikita has to get used to being praised some more. Her socialising level is a bad low for a leader too, even after she stoped copying Manabu.