A visit

Ayanokouji POV

Kushida had been exposed and she had threatened to expose everyone's secrets. 

That was to be expected. Her image was ruined and she wanted revenge. 

The only thing left to do was unite the class after she would destabilize it and expel her. 

Hopefully, Horikita wouldn't need my help with that. 

Most students in the room didn't know where to look after seeing Kushida's breakdown. 

Since the crowd has thinned, Chabashira closed the distance and called out to me.

"Do you have business with me?".

"Yeah. Follow me. There's something I need to tell you".

"That's a tall order. I've got an appointment with Horikita now".

I made up an excuse to get out of this situation.

Horikita looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Do you do this often? And why would you think that would work against Chabashira-Sensei?" 

"No, I don't and Chabashira-Sensei wants to reach class A more than even you. I thought she wouldn't want to call me away if she thought I was going to you on class business." 

"Why would she think we would only meet for school business?"

What was this question? Even at the best of times, we would mostly talk about the class. At that point, she was learning to communicate with others and she grew up a bit, so we spent less time together. It could only be class business. 

"We usually only talked about the class didn't we? Especially after the island exam." 

Horikita wanted to answer me, but she then stopped and I could see her start thinking about something.

"I wish to change that." 

In so few words, Hortikita expressed so much. With an earnest expression on her face, she wanted to change the dimensions of our relationship. Who was I to turn away a person asking me to deepen our friendship? I never had a problem with becoming closer with Horikita, she was just too focused on class A for my tastes. 

If she wanted to change that, then, let's change it. 

"Sure."

A small smile bloomed on her face.

"Horikita. May I call you by your first name?"

"Huh? Why?" 

"I wish to call you by your first name. Do I need a reason to do so after knowing you for a year? I do so with the Ayanokouji group and Manabu too." 

After saying such a request, why was she confused by the fact that I wanted to call her by her first name? Or was I being too forward? Horikita is her person, even if others were fine with it, she might have had reservations about it. 

"Then you may call me by my first name, Kiyotaka-Kun." 

"Thank you, Suzune." 

"I don't want to act carelessly as a teacher either, but circumstances are circumstances".

Chabashira-sensei, who often doesn't show emotion, now has an unusually vulnerable expression on her face.

"Seriously, what is going on to make sensei like this? She usually doesn't show such emotions at all." Said Shinohara.