The suspenseful culmination of the sports festival

As the fourth runner from the third-year Class A tumbled, the situation between the guys in the anchor positions changed.

"Looks like victory is ours this time, President Horikita. I would've liked to run against you directly, if possible." 

Ayanokouji-POV

So we are at the end of the sports festival. 

I wonder who would win a race between them? Nagumo-Senpai was a member of the football club, from what I have seen he is very athletic and I have seen Manabu's speed first hand. 

I wish I were a year older, or they a year younger. Even if I wanted to keep my life peaceful till now, it would have been fun to see these amazing students with completely different ideologies competing with one another. 

Sadly, that is impossible now and Nagumo-Senpai wanted to mess with me at a very inopportune time. Nothing I can do about it, I guess.

Nagumo laughed as the second-year Class A's top runner approached him. There was a thirty-meter gap between him and the third-year Class A student in second place. 

"Looks like we're going to win in overall points, too. Guess this is the dawn of a new era, eh?"

"Do you seriously plan to change this school?" the student council president asked.

"You're too traditional. And even though you're strict, you're weak. Your rules are too generous, and they stop people from getting expelled. All I'm going to do is help make this school the ultimate meritocracy," said Nagumo.

Horikita looked like she was fuming inside, but she couldn't do much about this. Painting a target on her back when she is in the student council herself is not a good idea. That reminds me, I hope our bet won't be shown. 

"President Nagumo, what exactly do you mean here?" asked Yosuke. 

He looked worried. If Nagumo-Senpai were to achieve these goals, then he would have an even harder time protecting our classmates. 

"Yes, President Nagumo. Could you please explain this?" Asked Ichinose. 

Instead of looking worried, Ichinose looked angry. 

How will Nagumo-Senpai anwser them?

"There is nothing to explain really. It is as I said and began doing. Students won't be shackled by the weak anymore. The best will thrive while the weak will be expelled." Said Nagumo-Senpai, as if talking about the weather. 

His flippant answer angering both of them. Before they could say anything, he started talking again. 

"What will you do about it? Your classes are in a precarious position as it is. Will you try and take me on Honami-Chan? Hirata-Kun? Don't get in my way." 

They both calmed down. Nagumo-Senpai was correct after all. Challenging him would be a huge mistake. All they could do is tighten their defenses and protect each student in their class.

He walked forward as he spoke, getting in position to receive the baton as it came his way. Not too long after Nagumo nabbed it, Shibata also received his baton. 

"All right! Nice! Leave the rest to me!"