The beginning of winter vacation II

I climbed the stairs step by step.

Ryuuen POV

This was it! I could feel goosebumps on my arms. None of that other bullshit. Just our confrontation. Everything about this encounter would be answered now.

A shadow loomed in front of me, blocking the path to the roof. It was Yamada Albert, the perfect gatekeeper for the task. I didn't know much about him, other than the fact that he was one of Ryuuen's underlings.

He looked me over as if sizing me up. "May I pass?" I asked.

He continued watching me, not moving a muscle. Did his silence imply refusal, or did he not understand? His large hands swiftly withdrew his phone.

Some looked for Albert to reply, but he was looking at the screen with that same stoic face. He was doing this shit on purpose.

"Don't panic. I'm the one you want," I said to him in English. Albert stopped moving, but said nothing,

"I'm ending this today. No one else will interfere," I added.

"How could you resolve this on your own? This would need a teacher to interfere." Said a random Hirata groupie.

Listening to these dumbasses was so annoying this whole time. But the moment came. I wanted to remember everything about this encounter. I wondered what he thought about when confronting me. He was a freak, but what was going through his mind? Did he feel the pleasure of beating down on someone? The satisfaction of seeing your plan come into place, the despair, the anger of your opponent? Or as I now knew from looking into his own thoughts, did he robotically decimate me with no pride, no feeling?

Albert seemed to give this some thought. He stood aside and silently signaled me to pass, apparently having acknowledged me, but I needed him on the roof for what was to come.

"I intend to crush Ryuuen. He doesn't stand a chance without your help," I told him, switching back to Japanese.

Sakayanagi POV

"Let's just continue watching okay?" Said Hirata-Kun.

He looked like this was taking a huge toll on him. He probably imagined his friend in such a situation.

Though, Ayanokouji-Kun already had a whole plan in place, as expected. I wondered how elaborate it was. I think I could start putting puzzle pieces together and figure the broad strokes out, but I was so giddy just to watch him in action, I decided to enjoy this moment and not think about it.

"I intend to crush Ryuuen. He doesn't stand a chance without your help," I told him, switching back to Japanese.

Albert looked downstairs once more. After he confirmed that there wasn't anyone else around, he followed me to the roof, stopping by the door and watching me from behind.

The gray clouds hanging in the sky threatened rain. I saw Karuizawa near the fence, cowering away from the door. Having noticed the door open and close, Ishizaki and Ibuki looked over at me, as didRyuuen.

4 People with some type of fighting experience and one of them had a huge size advantage, yet he beat them all. Truly astounding.

I checked the area for surveillance cameras, noting that the sole camera's lens was painted black. He'd covered it with spray paint, huh?

I turned my gaze back toward Ryuuen.

"Ayano...kouji?" asked Ibuki incredulously. She was the first to speak.