Reunion

After I changed into my uniform, I went to the front gate as promised. Just as she'd said, the girl was waiting for me.

Ayanokouji POV

If I were Ryuuen, I would have been cursing up a storm right now. 

"We get to see what happened with that purple-haired girl then." Said Sudo. 

Sadly. 

"Indeed you do." 

People's eyes were switching between Kamuro and me. Whispers talking about a crush were heard by all. 

"I was there to bring him to Sakayanagi! That's it!"

She shouted with an annoyed expression on her face. That seemed to clear everything up. 

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" I asked.

"Follow me," she said.

"Follow you where?"

"The special building."

The girl started walking without any further explanation. We arrived at the special building's third floor, one of the few places where no surveillance cameras were installed.

"What exactly—"

The girl just told me to wait and walked off on her own. She headed around the corner and quietly whispered, 

"Can I go back now?"

"Yes. Excellent work, Masumi-san. I'll count on you again in the future."

"Yes." Masumi quietly nodded and left. 

The voice's owner slowly came into view. Carrying a cane in one hand, she looked at me with a cold smileFirst-year Class A Sakayanagi.

"You wanted to see me?"Sakayanagi didn't answer.

 For a silent moment, she and I just stared at each other. The school building began to get dark.

"What is with this tense atmosphere? Aren't you friends? In fact, why did she even need to get Kamuro-San to get you when you know each other?" Asked Shinohara. 

Others looked on, waiting for either Sakayanagi or me to answer. This was trivial, I wasn't even going to waste my breath explaining that. 

"It's because they didn't know each other. Or at least one of you didn't know about the other. Aren't I right monster?" Said Ryuuen. 

"Yes, you are." 

Before someone could fire off another question, Sakayanagi started speaking. 

"Shut up and listen. If you aren't an imbecile, you'll understand by the end."

She looked excited. Did she want to see me squirm?

"You drew quite a lot of attention in that final relay, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun." 

That was all she said.

"Oh, sorry. Can I send one little message? I've got someone waiting," I replied.

"Go ahead." Sakayanagi smiled, not appearing displeased at all. I sent off the message I'd prepared via my phone. 

"How did you know the timing? It was really close, Horikita-San was almost kneeling by then." Asked Matsushita. 

"I just waited a couple of minutes and sent it." 

"What if you mistimed it and Horikita-San had to kneel or pay the points?" She asked again.