The beginning of winter vacation I

"This concludes our homeroom session. A reminder to act appropriately as a student of this school over the winter vacation and to not go overboard. That will be all".

Sakagami's words are much appreciated no matter how meaningless they may be. I took out my phone.

The day for me to attack has finally come.

Ayanokouji POV 

So, that day had come. Interestingly, it was Ryuuen's thoughts we could hear. That hadn't happened before. 

"What happened at the start of winter vacation?" Asked Ichinose.

"Nothing much, I just bit off more than I could chew." Said Ryuuen. 

He said it like it was a joke, but there was still a tiny bit of bitterness in that defeat. No one liked to lose like that. 

Today's the closing ceremony for our second semester. All classes will end in the morning and we'll be free from that point onwards. There will be no club activities either and the school itself is encouraging students to head back early.

In other words, there will barely be any students left inside the school building.

"I've ruled out those I can rule out but there are still around 10 possible candidates leftover".

There are a few I've never even heard of before mixed in there too but I suppose there's no helping that. Ideally, I won't have to use Karuizawa but as expected, I wasn't able to track down X's trail.

"What do you mean with that?" Asked Matsushita. 

She knew it couldn't be anything good. 

"Ask your new master. He knew everything right from the start." 

She realized who Ryuuen was talking about and looked at me. I decided to ignore her.

"Well, I guess this just means I'll get to enjoy myself more on the contrary".

To be honest, I already have a mark in mind, but there's no point in narrowing it down at this point. Rather, it would be far more exciting to confront X with zero preconceptions. I made a certain move after the Paper Shuffle.

"Exciting? You talk like a person who is in a position to play around. Rather arrogant, wouldn't you say?" Said Sakayanagi. 

"You're one to talk. Walking around like the princess of the school. Really, how do you keep talking with your head so far up your own ass? Enjoy the advantage you have, it only matters who is in class A right after the last exam." Ryuuen bit back. 

Sakayanagi just laughed mockingly. 

I utilized every last person in Class C that I could and gave them targets to keep an eye on.

But it's not like I'll be able to figure out X's identity from just keeping a tail on them. Taking into account the risk of another massive problem occurring, I did not make them tail the more fragile boys and girls. The ones to keep an eye on should only be, at most, delinquent types like Sudou or Miyake.

Or someone conservative like Hirata who fears the occurrence of a problem above all else. But that alone tipped those Class D folks off to the threat my actions posed. In Sudou's case though, he was stupider than I had imagined so I was forced into provoking him directly. Anyway, the point is to make them constantly aware that I'm 'after them'.

That person's probably trembling in fear every day by now.

"Did you hear that Senpai! 'Trembling in fear every day by now'." She imitated Ryuuen and started laughing loudly.