Chapter: Thinking Out Loud

Rose POV        

         As soon as he left I ran to my closet. I just kept thinking tonight is gonna be a fun and friendly night; he’s just trying to help me forget Rhett. This isn’t a date, just remember what happened last time we talked. He called me a slut. But, I forgive him because he thought I was dating someone. But enough of the past; it’s time for the present. And the present is me getting ready.         

        I search for a hour until I see the dress. A black short dress. The dress has two layers, the bottom one has a black dress that starts on my chest and the layer under is a dark see-through fabric. I got this dress when I wanted to go to prom. That never happened because Rhett promised to come. He didn’t show up and he made an excuse why he didn’t show. He was probably doing it with that girl! Anyway, I take a bath and I put the dress on, it fits perfectly. I looked in the mirror and sighed. Yay 2 hours of doing my hair and makeup. I rush to the bathroom and start to curl my hair. Then I start to put my eyeliner on. I made the smokey eye look and start to put on blush, I don’t need concealer or foundation because it looks great. Thank Goodness I don’t have bad acne. I finish my lip stick and heard a knock. I rush down stairs to see a man in a nice dress up shirt. “Are you Rose Gonzalez?”         

        “yes and you are?”         

        “Oh i’m Will. I’m here to drop you off at the ‘special place’. I don’t know, Link told me to drop you off.”         

        “Ok.” Closes the door. “Let’s go.” When I get into the car my sight turns black. “Don’t worry, Link wanted you to be blindfolded.” Why is he doing this? He doesn’t like me, so why is he putting so much effort into this.

~<>Time Skip because you guys just wanna get to the Romantic Part<>~

        When the car stops I can see a bright light. I can hear Will mess with the gears to put in park and he gets out of the car. I heard someone walking to my side and the door swung open. He grabs my hand and leads me to the light. I continue to walk until he stops me. He walks away and I can hear whispering. After 2 minutes of silence someone touches my back. I jump and I hear a soft voice. “Shh it’s ok. Just relax. It’s me.” Link said and that immediately calmed me down.” He took the blindfold off and i was astonished.

        “Wow. Link?”

        “yea.”

        “You d-did this….for me?”

        “Of course.” I turn around and give him a hug.

        “Thank you.” We were at a park with a giant tree in the center. Link put up yellow lights all over the branches of the tree. It looked beautiful. And to the right of the tree were flowers, the prettiest flowers I’ve seen in  person. Link gestured me under the tree and I followed. I leaned on the tree and looked at it in shock. He did this for me.

        Link POV

        I pulled her into a hug and she wrapped her arms around my torso. I smiled, knowing that she loved it. 3 hours of hanging lights were worth it. Just to see her reaction, I loved to see her smile so wide. When she smiled it showed her beautiful dimples. So cute! After I let go of the hug I pulled out the Colorado Columbine and she gasped. “How did you know?”

        “On the first day we met you said they were your favorite; I never forgot that day nor the flowers.” She began to cry.

        “There are none in North Carolina. How did you get it?”

        “I had got them a day ago and wanted to give them to you. But you were with Rhett so I had to wait.”

        “Why did you get them a day ago?”

        “Because I made a dumb choice of ruining this.” Gesturing between us. “I wish I could take it all back.” She Pulled me into another hug. a hug.

        “Thank you. Link, you do so much for me and I just mess everything up.”

        “You don’t mess everything up, you make it better.” The continue to sway until Link breaks the silence. “Wow, you look so beautiful tonight.”

        “No I don’t”

        “Rose, you can’t deny it. You look amazing.” Rose begins to blush.

        “Link, why did you do it? I’m not worth all of this” She says gesturing to the lovely scenery.

        “You don’t deserve to be sad, angry, or disappointed. You deserve every bit. You always lower yourself esteem and say your ugly. But, you’re not. You are the most beautiful, astonishing, well actually pulchritudinous and I would rather have you than any other girl in the world.” She stared at me while crying.         

        “Link, that's the sweetest thing anyone ever said to me.” I grabbed her hand and bring her closer to me.

        3rd POV

        Link began to sway her and pulled her close to dance. In the background, Will played a song. ‘Thinking out Loud' to be exact. Rose gasped and looked for the speaker. She looked at link and smiled at him. ‘He’s amazing’ was going through her head while ‘She’s perfect’ was going through Link’s head. She slowly placed her right hand on his and her left on his upper arm. Link put his left with her right and his right on his waist. The began to slow dance and were spinning ,slowly i made add. He let go of her waist and she did the same to his arm. He spun her around and her smile got wider. He moved to the right, so they were spreaded out and pulled her arm. She spun towards him and her back towards him (it looks like she's hugging herself in front of him, but there hands are holding in that position). She laughs and smiles at him.  He does it again, but when he pulls Rose he makes her face her, they were in the first position. They continue to sway until Link dips her, he makes her turn to the left and she laughs again. He pulls her up and the continue. He dipped her down and sang along the the lyrics.

‘So, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh, baby, we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are’

        As that line ends they were so close and they leaned in. She leaned up and kissed him. It was the best kiss she ever had and it was the most romantic one too. After it ended she stared at him. They both had the same thing in their mind, ‘I’m in love with her/him.’ Link pulled her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck and he put his hands on her waist.

        They swayed to the song ‘you and me’ came on. Rose looked up to those ocean blue eyes that she loved and Link stared at her hazel eye. Rose was the person to make the first move and she got on her tippy toes. She kissed him softly and he kissed her back. They were both thinking ‘I love you’ as they kissed and they did love each other. She pulled away and laid her head on his chest. Link just smiled like an idiot because he just kissed his true love. The continued to sway until the both laid down and fell asleep next to each other. Sleeping next to their true love.

 I highly recommend that you listen to the song will reading this. I hope you liked it because it took a while to write. Also the dress is to the side.