Chapter- Finding out

Well the past week has been living hell! First of all, I just started school again and hate it already. Most of the teachers were mean but I was happy that Link was in my classes. Rhett was in my social studies class. The teacher literally loves me because I brought her a smoothie from Dairy Queen. Anyway me and Link’s relationship has been amazing. He would hang out with me everyday and tomorrow is our 2 week anniversary. Anyway back to the living hell, my nausea has been getting worse and nearly passed out last night! But other that my life has been decent.

        I woke up and realized I have school again…

        Great

        I put on my jean shorts and a mid to long tank top. (mid to long is it’s a regular shirt but the back is longer). I grab a cardigan and head out of my room. I was about to run down stairs when I felt super nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and puked. This was normal and had happened since I came back to North Carolina. I finally make it downstairs and I met with a happy link. He was wearing a pink plaid shirt and a black tie. He had his sleeves rolled up to his elbow and the tie was undone a bit.  Man did he look hot.

        “Hey Duncan and Gwen!”, Link happily greeted my parents- i mean the couple who adopted them.

        “Hey Link! What are you so dressed up for?”, Gwen asked.

        “Well today I wanted to make a good impression on you guys so I can take Rosie out for a date.”

        “Sure”, Duncan replied.

        “She will most likely stay at my house later so don’t worry.”

        Gwen smirked and said,”Don’t forget the condoms!” She yelled before we left. I  blushed and he did too. We entered the car and left to go to school.

        When we entered I felt Nauseous.

        No! I can’t feel nauseous again! Link almost had a heart attack last time.

        We continued to walk down the hall until someone stopped me. I turned around and noticed that Link was gone. Weird. I turn to walk but I was stopped by Max, “Hey Cutie, I haven’t seen you since the party. Why didn’t you call?”

        I laughed and said,”Sorry I don’t remember giving you my number so I wouldn’t call. And I don’t call assholes.”

        I turned around yet to be stopped again. “HEY! YOU DON’T HAVE ONE DAMN REASON TO SAY THAT TO ME! I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!”

        I slapped his cheek and yelled,”Well do you remember that lonely girl you picked on in 6th fucking grade! Cathy Lamont! Well guess! You’re looking at the new and improved version bitch! And I remember every fucking thing you did to me.” He gasped at the slap and pushed me against my locker. He kneed my stomach and immediately felt nauseous. I feel the ground and blacked out.  

        I woke up to a white light staring at me. I covered the my eyes and groaned from the excessive light. Someone must’ve heard because a person came to me. “Rosie? Oh my god your ok! Thank God!” I reached up to hug him but he pushed me back. “Relax. I already dealt with Max and let’s say he looked like a bear attacked him.” I looked at the window and saw Max had two black eyes, a bruised cheek, busted lip, and a cut on his other cheek. Wow Link beat the crap out of him! I looked at him and he nodding, signaling he did that for me. I lifted myself up and grabbed his neck. I kissed him and he immediately kissed me back. It was so passionate and within each second it began to hungrier. It was like we were begging for each others lips. Our session was cut short when the nurse came into the room.

        “Ah Miss Gonzalez, Your finally awake.” She turned to Link and said,”Mr. Neal, you can go back to class. I just have to ask Rose a few questions ok?” Link nodded and gave me a quick kiss before leaving.

        “So what do you need to ask me?” I asked the nurse. She didn’t respond, except she just handed me a box and pushed me into the restroom. I turned around and asked, “What is it?” I flipped the box over and it read:

        ‘Pregnancy Test: 2 regular test and a special test to tell how long you are.’

        I raised an eyebrow and explained. “When I brought you in Link told me about you nearly fainting and your Nausea problem. So I know you teens and you ‘needs’ so I put the stethoscope on you stomach and I heard something. I don’t know if you didn’t eat or if your actually pregnant so please check.” I just thought.

        Maybe I am pregnant. That would explain the the nausea and throwing up, but I never di- Link! Oh  Crap! We forgot!!!! Wait I don’t even know for sure.  I nod to the nurse and rush to the restroom. I finish setting up the test and walked out.

        After 5 minutes all three results were done...

        Positive.

                Fuck!

        Positive

                Fuck!

        2 weeks

                I’m screwed....

        After telling the nurse I rush out to my next class. U.S History. I take my usual seat in the back next to Link. The class was set up with two seats per aisle. The aisle next to me was my ex, Rhett. When I entered the classroom everyone stared at me. I was so pale. Who wouldn’t be if you found out you're 18 and expecting. I hand my note to Miss. Welty and went to my seat. “Hey Babe, what wrong?” I ignored his question and continued to take notes. After notes we still had 30 minutes of class so we had free time.

        I turned to Link and asked, “Link you would love me no matter what….right?” He looked at me confused.

        “Of course. I love you with my heart no matter what happens! Even if I had to be disowned by my parents! As long as I have you….I will be complete.” I knew what to do after that. I picked up my text book and made it stand up and did the same to Link’s so Miss. Welty wouldn’t see us. “Rose what are you-” He asked before I pulled his tie towards me and began to make out with him. He kissed me back and put his hand on the back of my neck to pull me closer, if it was possible. He licked my bottom lip and as I was opening my mouth someone coughed.

        Please don’t be Welty! Please don’t be Welty!

        I turned to see Rhett staring at us. “Rose I know your trying to make me jealous but you can stop because it’s not working.”

        I put on a fake smile and said, “If I was trying to make you Jealous wouldn’t you think that I would intentionally made out in front of you. Now if you don’t mind I got some...unfinished business.” I turn to Link and continued to make out.

        “Why are you still kissing him?”, Rhett asked.

        “Because he’s my boyfriend.” I replied. “Now, can I make out with my boyfriend in peace?!” Rhett turned away and I grabbed Link’s tie and pulled him close. 

As I kissed him I thought about the lyrics:

"But if you look then you won't find her there

She may be clever but she just acts too square

'Cause in the back of the room, where nobody looks,

 She'll be with her boyfriend, she's not reading books"