Chapter: Goodbye

I finally got my stuff packed and ready to go.

“Hey Rosalina, you ready to move Chicago?”

“Yeah, but can we make a stop before?”

-------------------Time Lap------------------------

???? POV

I was laying on my bed listening to music and thinking about her

like most guys

I was so happy until the song “Dilemma” by Nelly. For some reason something in my heart changed. I realized something

I love Rosalina!

That song made me realize that I love her and I need her in my life.

I was about to text her until I heard a knock on the front door.

I opened it up while texting Rosalina. I was until I heard someone say, “excuse me…”

I looked up so see the girl that has been on my mind all day, Rosalina.

“Hey…..not trying to be mean but why are you here?”

“I’m about to leave…”

“Leave? Where?!”

“Chicago. Rhett…..I got put up for adoption and I’m leaving.”

I tried to stay calm but I couldn’t.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I said while crying.

“To you? I didn’t want to go but Link dumped me. He dumped me because I’m not Cathy!!!! Rhett….he called me a slut…”

“please don’t leave……Link is the biggest idiot if he called you that! You’re perfect just the way you are! And with that I need to tell you something…”

“I do too. But you go first.”

“ok…..I love you….and since the day you came to tell me the truth. I still love you.”

I quickly gave her a kiss. After it her cheeks went red and so did mine.

“What did you need to tell me?”

She stepped closer to me so that we are chest to chest.

“Same”, She uttered out until she kissed me.

Of course I kissed her back. She moved her head to deepen the kiss. She had her hand on my back. She reached into my butt pocket, while kissing, and slipped a piece of paper in it. Then she put her hand on my head and began to run her fingers in my hair. Before it could go any further she stopped the kiss. She quickly kissed my lips before giving me a hug. When I released she ran out.

I tried to get her but she was gone. I ran to her house and knocked on the door. And saw her Mom open it. “Where is Rosalina?”

she said sadly, “She just left..”

I said in disbelief, “No. No she couldn’t just leave me like that!” I ran to her room to see her stuff gone. Everything but two pieces of paper. One said “To Rhett” and the other “To Charles”. I ran down stairs to go to Links house. I decided to read the letters out loud. I read mine first,

“Dear Rhett,

I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you how I really felt. It’s just that I saw you with Jessie and thought you were a couple. I know how it feels to be toyed. Rhett I do love you and I'm sorry I had to leave. When I came home after trying to talk to Link I realized that you cared about me. You wouldn't hurt me no matter what. I hoped we can be more than friends and go out if I come back. You’re the one for me.

Love,

x Rosalina x

*call me (***) ***-****"

Omg she does love me!

I texted her

(R= Rhett and Rose= Rosalina)

R: Will you be mine?

Rose: Is this Rhett McLaughlin?

R: yes and I love you.

Rose: I love  you too but we can't date...

R: y not?

Rose: I'm in Chicago and we can't talk face to face.

R: ok every month we will meet up at the pit. The first place we met.

Rosalina: ok then I will c u next week.

R: it's a date

Rosalina: ok 

Rosalina: hey Alex, I got a date with the hot boy in math! RHETT MCLAUGHLIN!!!!

R: ummm I'm that hot?

Rosalina: omfg wrong number but yea u r ;)

And next week I did go to the pit and that was our first official date!

4 years later

I have been in a secret relationship with Rhett for 4 years. He hasn't told Link which is good because I don't want him to know.

God I would never guess that Rhett

would be good at long distance relationship. So tomorrow is his birthday and I have a sunrise for him. The surprise is that I'm moving back to Buies Creek.

My mom can finally afford to keep me so I'm gonna move back with them.

So on his birthday I will show up and surprise him.

I love Rhett so much. He's always here for me no matter what.