One

EDIT (9/10/14): THIS IS MY VERY FIRST FANFICTION EVER AND I WROTE IT BACK IN LIKE END OF 2012/BEGINNING OF 2013 SO IT'S KINDA CARROTY AT TIMES AND BECAUSE IT'S MY VERY FIRST WORK IT MAKES ME CRINGE BUT I WONT TAKE IT DOWN BECAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF MY WRITING PROGRESS. I HOPE YOU STILL ENJOY THANK YOU :-)

Chapter 1

Arianna's POV~

I lifted up the solid tray filled with plates of steaming food in the both of my hands and slowly walked towards the booth at the back of the loud, noisy restaurant.

I've been working here for some time, since I needed the money for my college classes.

It only helped a little bit though, the pay wasn't much but I could still live off it I guess.

"Finally! I've been waiting for too long!" The man, about 40 years or older, sitting in the booth slammed his hand on the table.

He reeked of alcohol. I grabbed the plates and sat it down.

Pushing the length of brown hair that had crept into my eyes behind my ear, I waited nervously.

I turned to walk away, with the tray in my left hand before a huge, strong hand stopped me.

It tightened on my wrist as I tried to pull away.

"Why don't you sit on my lap, babe?" he pulled me towards him and I tried to pull my arm away from his grasp, but it was obvious that I wasn't going to win.

"I've been waiting on my food for so long, don't you think I deserve special service?" he tightened his hold, making the pain I was already feeling worse.

"You're hurting me." I tried to pull even harder but it tightened more, shooting pain up my arm.

"Aw, come on baby." he pulled me closer, his drunk breath stinching up towards my face.

He grabbed the tray in my other hand and threw it to the ground, making a loud sound as it hit the floor.

Seconds later a voice shouted from inside the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Zayn's head popped out from the door.

His eyes widened, seeing me uncomfortably being held by the man.

His face tensed as he dropped the empty tray in his hand, running towards us.

"Get your fucking hand off of her!" Zayn climbed into the booth and pushed the man by his shoulders into the wall.

The man lost his grip on my wrist. I brought it up to my chest, rubbing the area where it hurt the most. It had turned a little red.

"Are you alright?" Zayn turned his head towards me. I nodded.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Zayn held the man up on the wall. He was furious. The man laughed at him.

"She's a cutie." The man grinned. He was obviously drunk at the highest.

"Hey, what're you doing Zayn?" A familiar voice shouted from across the restaurant.

"Shit." Zayn dropped his hands off of the man and quickly backed out of the booth.

He looked at my wrist intensely when he finally found his place back on his feet.