Five

Chapter 5

Arianna's POV~

I found myself smiling as I looked at the shirt that Niall was now holding up.

"Niall!" I ran towards him, squeezing him into a hug.

After I realized what I was doing I quickly stepped back. He awkwardly smiled at me, his cheeks tinted pink.

I started to laugh hysterically. It was kinda silly that out of all his memories the one he pulled out was that he was Irish. But I was proud of him.

"What?" He chuckled, watching me laugh.

"I'll buy that T-shirt since you remembered your first memory." I took the shirt and brought it up to the register. He grinned, watching me give the lady the money.

I handed the shirt to him, and immediately he looked around. When he finally found what he was looking for, he ran off.

After what seemed like 10 minutes, he ran back. He had a big smile on his face as he proudly showed me that he was wearing it.

"Do I look good in it?" He held the hoodie that he was wearing before in his hand.

"I like it." I nodded.

"Come on, lets go back now. One memory will be enough for today."

.-.-.-.-.-.

The next day

I ran into class, trying to avoid Zayn. He was in there, and he usually sat by me when he noticed me.

I didn't feel like sitting by him today though, I just didn't want to have to answer his questions.

I don't know what was going on with our friendship but lately it wasn't going so well.

He used to be so cheerful and funny, but nowadays he was just so...arrogant and mean.

Why though? Did I do something wrong to make him this way?

Back in high school he hung out with this group of guys, they were good guys too, and Zayn always went out with them.

But now, he was friendless and always had the look in his eyes like he was preparing to murder someone.

It scared me sometimes. I knew there was good person in there, but he had locked that person inside a closet in his heart.

His eyes shot up, almost glaring at me when I walked in. I sat down, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

In the corner of my eye I could see him watching.

He immediately stood up and shuffled his way over beside me quickly.

"You alright?" He lowered his eyebrows at me.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine." I answered, my eyes watching at the front of the room.

"You sure?" He repeated.

I quickly nodded, faking a small smile.

"Alright, then." He turned away, finally, and took his pencil to start writing things out on his paper.

I secretly took a glimpse of him. His perfect jawline tensed, his eyebrows low as if he was angered, and his mouth was clenched tight.

Why was he so angry?