Sixteen

Chapter 16

Niall's POV~

The next day.

Everything seemed to have calmed down after what happened yesterday.

Amy would talk to me from time to time, but just of regular conversation.

Sometimes they were awkward, but after a while we've just gotten used to it.

Greg was on the phone, trying to get a hold of our parents, to tell them I was finally back.

I just sat on a chair in front of the house, watching the front yard.

It was afternoon, with the sun still up in the sky and and clouds forming in some places.

It felt good as the warm air touched my skin, bringing me it's comfort.

The sound of the door opening scared me, making me nearly jump. I turned my head, seeing Amy step out.

She glanced at me, and then made herself look up at the sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She calmly spoke, her arms folding and resting on the wood railings on the porch.

"Yeah." I replied.

She flipped her hair and looked at me, her brown colored eyes deeply gazing into mine.

She didn't speak though, she just watched me. She was thinking, I could tell.

I looked away, angling my eyes back to the garden.

Watching as the leaves on trees moved with the wind.

It felt good to be relaxed after what's been happening lately.

"Niall?" Greg popped out of the front door.

I turned around on my seat to look at him, who was now standing at the doorway.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Mom and Dad are on their way." He said through a smile.

I nodded, and he slipped back into the house.

Great.

My own parents we're coming to see me, not knowing of the terrible news that we're about to hit them.

I didn't even know what they looked like.

"Are you okay?" Amy sat on a chair beside mine.

"Mmm, yeah." I sighed.

"Don't worry, your parents will understand." She said.

I faked a smile and remained watching the garden. Folding my arms and putting them behind my head to rest on.

"Do you know why this happened?" She asked.

"Why what?"

"How did you... Forget?" She asked again.

Through a slow breath, I shook my head.

"I don't even know." I bit hard on my bottom lip.

How did this happen to me?

That was such an important question I've never even asked myself.

"That night, when you disappeared," she started to say softly.

"It was our engagement party. You had overdrank, and before we knew it, you had left the party."

She stood up and walked to the wood railing, resting her back on it as she began to speak again.