Twelve

Chapter 12

Arianna's POV~

Zayn picked up his glass of cold cola and took a sip with a grin.

We had just gotten off work and decided to have a little drink at a cafe nearby the restaurant.

"That girl was crazy!" He laughed after he finished a small sip.

"Yeah, she was." I laughed, running my thumb over my glass.

We had laughed when a girl walked into the restaurant, asking for a hamburger.

It was an Italian restaurant, so obviously we didn't serve fast food.

But she demanded for one and almost slapped Zayn on the face when he didn't bring one out for her.

It made me crack up right on the spot.

"So, how's classes going for ya?" Zayn changed the subject.

"It's good. How about you?" I calmly replied, smiling.

"I've switched courses and I think I actually like what I'm going for now."

"What do you want to do, Zayn?" I asked.

I was glad he finally knew what he was doing.

He rested his elbow on the table and ran his hand through his hair, while his eyes closed for a minute, as if he were giving it some thought.

"You know I like to sing, right?" He finally spoke.

"Of course. You sang at the talent show in high school, don't you remember? I still can't believe you didn't win first place, you did so much better than all the other people."

"Well, I wasn't that good back then." He sighed.

I leaned in over the table to let Zayn have a good look into my eyes, I gave him a serious look.

The guy had a great voice, he just wasn't confident enough to say it.

"Zayn, you are a good singer. And I'm not just saying this because I don't wanna hurt your feelings, I'm saying the truth." I kept my stare into his brown eyes, letting him know I was serious.

He really did have a good voice.

He could hit the notes of any song perfectly, and he's never had a singing lesson.

His voice was sweet and pure, like chocolate.

"What if I auditioned for the X-Factor next year?" His fingers played with his straw.

My mouth widens at his question.

That was a very good idea.

I would have never thought about it.

"If you go, I'll come with you to cheer you on." I gave him a good luck smile.

"Good, because you always know how to make me feel better." He smiled.

I scoffed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Cause I'm just that amazing." I laughed, making sure he knew I was kidding.

He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

The waitress stopped our moment and handed Zayn a ticket, and he pulled out his wallet.

He took out some money and handed it to her, and she walked away after taking it.

"Are ya ready?" He asked before getting up.