Twenty

Chapter 20

Niall's POV ~

We have been driving for at least a couple of hours now.

I was in the back seat, in between Amy and Greg.

Amy fell asleep on my shoulder and Greg was watching out the window.

Mom and dad were sat in the front as my dad drove the vehicle.

They were taking me to see a professional brain doctor who happened to live so far away.

When I asked them to take me to a regular brain doctor nearby where we lived, they told me it wasn't the same as seeing this one guy because he was much more experienced and "professional".

But I knew he would tell them the same thing the last doctors have said, and it would only disappoint them in the end.

"We'll see what he'll say, you won't know unless we try. This is our only chance right now." Mom says.

Pulling into a gravelly and long driveway, I saw a tan colored house at the end of the road.

I was expecting more of a huge, tall skyscraper kind of building, as hospitals usually looked, but this was just a house.

A plain, old brick-walled house.

I sat up, and shook Amy by her shoulders gently.

She immediately opened her eyes and looked at me, yawning at the same time.

"Are we.. there yet?" she whispered as she pulled herself from me.

I nodded in response, and I looked outside the window as the vehicle was parked right beside the house.

Surrounded by a big land of grass, and a beautiful garden that made the house look neat and homey, I still didn't understand why we were here.

"Is this the place?" Amy shot up, leaning towards the window as she scanned the outside.

"Yes! It's very beautiful isn't it, honey?" mom cheered, pulling off her seatbelt and following dad as she jumped out of the car.

Greg jumped out first, with me and Amy following behind him.

We all walked up to the front door, and dad made the first move and knocked on the wooden door.

"Haven't been here in a while." Dad grinned at all of us behind him.

The door slowly opened a crack, and we saw wrinkly eyes peering at us as it did.

The man jumped, and excitedly opened the door wide and jumped towards dad first, and gave him a big hug.

"Oh man! I can't believe it's you guys!" The man cheered.

Mom started to cackle loudly and so did dad.

Amy looked at me with an expression that told me that she was confused as I probably was.

Apparently my parents knew him, and to my guess, they were probably old friends.

That concluded to why they took me here instead of a normal doctor.

My parents sure are unbelievable.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"Alright, so Niall, is it?" The man asked, taking a piece of paper in his hands and putting it into a clipboard.

He fixed his glasses on his nose and looked at me. I nodded back in response.

My whole family was sitting in the same room that he led us to in his house, and it reminded me of a scientists' lab, with all the chemical jars and counters for examining and all that other stuff.