Twenty-Four

Chapter 24

Zayn's POV ~

I woke up pretty early, seeing that the sun hasn't even set yet.

I creeped into Arianna's bedroom, finding her cuddled up in blankets, still sleeping.

I felt her forehead, it wasn't hot as it was last night, but it was still pretty warm.

I hoped she would feel better soon.

I don't know what caused her to be sick like this.

Suddenly, I had a good idea pop into my mind.

I walked out into the kitchen and opened the cabinets, checking for anything I could make. P

I found a package of soup base, so I decided to throw it into a pot of boiling hot water.

I was sure Arianna would love waking up to a bowl of warm soup.

Following the directions on the box, I sprinkled in some salt and other ingredients it needed, hoping it would taste delicious in the end.

I wasn't the best in cooking, but soup shouldn't be too hard, right?

After a couple of minutes, I poured some of the soup into a bowl, smiling at my creation.

I also prepared a glass of apple juice, and crackers to go with the soup.

This should be good enough.

I walked in the bedroom slowly, with the tray of food in my two hands.

I was foolishly grinning like crazy, because I have never made something like this for anyone.

I have never done anything this cheesy either.

People would probably laugh at me.

I really hoped it tasted alright though, I didn't want her to choke on it or anything.

Oh geez, I can't stop being so nervous.

Maybe I shouldn't give it to her.

Maybe I should throw it away and not risk it?

I started to turn around, but then I remembered the girl was laying in bed sick and this wasn't the time to be thinking about that stuff right now.

I gently shook her awake, and she opened her eyes slowly, and yawned.

"Zayn.." she stretched her arms out. "You're still here?" she asked afterwards, and then noticing what I was holding in my hands, her eyes widened.

"Is that for me?" an instant smile appeared on her face.

I nodded, smiling nervously. "That looks so good." she licked her lips.

"I hope it tastes alright, I made it myself and.." I told her, but she shook her head and insisted that I give it to her.

So I did, and she sat the tray on her lap.

She took the first spoonful of the soup, and she looked at me with a smile.

That meant it was good... I hope.

"Oh gosh, Zayn it's really good!" she said, making me feel relieved.

I took a seat beside her feet on the bed, watching her eat. I was actually proud of myself.

"Do you feel better?" I asked her. She swallowed the spoonful of soup in her mouth first, then smiled and nodded.

"Thanks to you, I feel like a new person!" she giggled.

I sighed calmly, feeling glad that she was alright now.