Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

Arianna's POV ~

Last night terrified me.

Zayn had turned different all of a sudden just because a man had robbed me of my bag.

It didn't matter anyway though, because the most important thing that was in that bag was already gone.

My wallet.

Filled with $600 worth of cash that I given that same night.

Working my butt off each day of the last month, and now it was gone.

All gone and stolen, leaving me broke, with nothing to pay the rent with for my apartment.

I still had at least a a few hundred bucks left, but that won't last long enough for my next paycheck.

What was I going to do for food after that?

I won't have any money to pay my landlord this month either, and that man isn't very easy going, he might even kick me out.

This left me in such a mess.

Everything has been such a mess ever since Niall left. I wish he would come back.

It's been almost 2 weeks now that he's been gone. Another week and it'll be a month.

Hasn't it been long enough yet?

It felt like a year for me.

I missed him, even more now that I did before.

I missed his smile that would send me fluttering in a world of butterflies. His big, blue ocean eyes that always made me swim in them.

I can't believe I'm doing this to myself.

I said I was going to stop thinking about Niall but now I've been catching myself with him in my mind more than when he was actually living with me.

But when I thought about Niall, Zayn would show up, in that scene last night when he wasn't furious and scary.

I can still remember his expression on that ferris wheel. He was happy, free of worry, and smiling because we had an amazingly, fun night together.

Zayn has been taking me out almost every night for a while, and I knew exactly why he was doing it.

He was trying to make me forget about Niall, because he didn't want me to return to the gloomy girl who stayed in her apartment wasting her life away.

And I appreciated him for that.

He helped me when I really needed him the most.

I told myself that I was going to try and help him too, but I couldn't.

Not when most of the time all he was focused on was me. Always being nice to me and buying things for me and making me laugh.

How could I repay that?

And what I've always wondered, why was he doing these things for me?

Why me?

What did I do to deserve him like I do?

.-.-.-.-.-.

Niall's POV ~

Soft couch.

Black telly with the news.

The sun creeping in through the window curtains.

Greg talking on the phone.

Amy vacuuming the house, or cleaning off dust.