Three

Chapter 3

Arianna's POV~

We went back to my apartment.

It was only 10 am but I was already late to class.

I rushed in, with Niall walking in still red from crying.

"Will you be alright by yourself?" I asked him.

He sat on the sofa and nodded at me.

I had already told him I would be gone for the whole day till 7 since I had to go to work after classes.

I showed him the kitchen, where he could find food if he got hungry. From the looks of his depressed face though, I don't think he was able to eat.

I showed him the bathroom, and if he wanted, I told him he could lay on my bed if he needed a rest.

"Umm, I don't have anything for you to call me with if you need anything," I sighed.

"I'll be fine. Just go, you're gonna get in trouble." he insisted.

He sat up and reached for the remote.

"Okay, then I'll be going." I grabbed my bag and quickly rushed out.

.-.-.-.-.-.

When I arrived in the university building, I found a dark tall figure resting on my locker.

I knew exactly who he was when I walked closer.

His nightly colored hair was gelled up in a quiff, wearing a jean-jacket with dark-faded skinny jeans. He turned his head, hearing my footsteps. His face was in an angry huff, staring at me with his furious eyes.

"I thought you went to Hailey's last night." he stood up straight, facing me, his hands in his pockets.

I swallowed a big lump in my throat. I gazed at the ground, fearing to meet his frightful stare.

"Why'd you lie to me?" he asked, both with a hint of anger and hurt.

"Just leave me alone, Zayn." I ignored his question, turning the combination on my locker.

"Arie." he huffed.

I pulled out my textbooks and squeezed them into my bag. I slammed the locker then turned to walk away, but his hand grabbed my arm, just above the bruise.

"Stop it, Zayn!" I shouted at him.

"Why do you always wanna protect me from everything? Let me protect myself! I may seem innocent and defenseless to you, but I'm stronger than you think!" I tried not to shout.

He kept his hold on my arm, tightening after he heard my cruel words.

"If I wasn't there last night, who would've stopped that man from touching you?" he raised his voice.

"Me, Zayn. I could've handled it myself." I pulled on my arm, but his strong hold didn't let me go.

"No you can't, Arie. You know it yourself too. That bruise on your wrist is proof." he turned me around, facing him.

He raised my arm close to his face, inspecting my purple wrist. He gently touched it with his thumb.

"Does it still hurt?" he asked, still staring at my hand.

"No." he let go of my arm and stared at me.

I held my hands together, whilst staring at my feet. I could feel his eyes watching over me.

He was mad. He hated it when I lied to him.

His right hand rested on my shoulder as he pushed the strand of hair to the back of my ear.