Thirty

Chapter 30

Arianna's POV~

"I can't believe you, Arie! Why would you do this to me? I gave you all my love and you go and fucking throw my heart away! I thought we actually had something!" Zayn looked at me with pure anger.

I have never seen him so mad in my life.

The Zayn I knew disappeared and the monster inside took over him. I was shivering with fear.

"Don't ever talk to me again. You know what, while you're at it don't even think about coming back here. Don't look at me, don't say my name! Just forget all about me if you haven't already!" He slammed the chair he was picking up on the floor.

I could see the tears in his eyes.

I didn't know what else to do except walk towards his front door.

There was no way he was ever going to forgive me. I could see it in the way he looked at me.

He was disgusted with me. I'm disgusted with myself too, so who could blame him?

I basically used him because I had no one else to run to because Niall left me with grief.

I thought Zayn, the only person I could ever trust would understand... But I was expecting too much from him. I always do.

Tears were welling up in my eyes, and before I walked out the front door, I took another glance of Zayn.

He stood firm on the same spot, still watching me with furious eyes.

They were also filled with pain... That I caused.

He shook his head and walked into the other room, not waiting to hear what I wanted to say.

.-.-.-.-.-.

The sound of muffled beeping woke me up.

I sat up and felt my eyes, which were wet with tears.

I turned off the alarm on my bedside table, and heard someone moving not too far away from me on the bed.

I forgot Niall was here.

"Hey..." he whispered, rubbing his eyes.

He sat up and looked at me, realizing I was crying.

"Whoa, whoa.. You're crying...?" His expression dropped.

I smiled and shook my head, rubbing the tears away from my eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I sighed and scooted closer to him, wanting him to rescue me. "Nothing.. I just had a really bad dream."

"Oh.." He fixed the pillows beside him and moved them away, so I could lay by his side.

His arm wrapped around my shoulders, and I laid my head on his chest.

"Tell me what happened," he rubbed circles on my back.

The tears stopped but Zayn's eyes were still in my head.

They were dark and hurt. I couldn't forget them.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it." Niall closed his eyes, but I knew he understood.

I laid on him for a while, waiting until I was sure he had fallen back to sleep.

After I heard him silently snore, which I thought was adorable, I got up as quietly as I could.

I got ready and fixed Niall breakfast before I left, with a note telling him I was leaving for class and then work.

I didn't wanna wake him up, he seemed so tired. Especially with unpacking and moving back in.