Twenty-One

Chapter 21

Arianna's POV ~

"Whoo!" I screamed, and the hard, cold air slapped my face, making my long, wavy brown hair wave with the air.

I was screaming like this because I was up high in the air, it was a dark night, and it was a bit nippy.

Sitting in a little booth of a ferris wheel with Zayn across from me.

Of course, he had a big smile on his face as he watched my hair get tangled everywhere.

"Shoulda brought you something for your hair, Arie!" he shouted over the wind.

"I didn't know it was going to be this windy!" I replied.

Now the wheel was on the highest point, and it suddenly stopped.

I looked down, and before I could panic I realized people were getting off.

Zayn must've noticed and he chuckled a little.

"Don't worry, if this thing stops, we can die together." he smirked.

"That's not funny, Zayn." I rolled my eyes. I almost had a heart attack!

The thought of getting stuck up here in this cold weather was terrifying!

"Sorry, I wouldn't have brought you here if I knew it was going to get cold like this," he spoke.

"What? Zayn, it's not your fault that it got cold. How were you suppose to know it was going to be like this? I'm happy enough that you took me here. It's been a really fun night." I explained.

He shrugged, only staring at me as his only movement.

The wheel moved a little to let others go, but we we're still pretty high up, where it was the most cold.

He started to shake off his body, pulling his coat off, and then looked at me with the coat in his hand.

"Here," he said as he handed me the black jacket.

"I'm alright, you wear it." I objected, but he shook his head and resisted for me to take it.

So I did, and I wrapped it around myself, letting the warmth of the thick cloth take over me.

"Wow, how long does it take to jump out of a seat?" Zayn looked down below us.

"It's alright, it feels nice just being up here."

"Mmm.. yeah. It really does." he responded, smiling at me.

I could see his eyes twinkle at me as he did, making me smile back at him without thinking.

He left this affect on me that I didn't know how to explain.

I even didn't know what it was actually.

I jumped a little when the booth we were sitting in shook a little, and it lowered down a bit, and then stopped.

We had to wait for the next group of people to jump out, and we were still pretty up high.

Wow, this was going to take a while.

"Do you miss him?" Zayn broke the silence.

I wish he hadn't though, not with that question.

"Who?" I asked, even though I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"That boy.. Um.. Niall, was it?"

"Oh," I sighed.

I really didn't feel like talking about him right now. It was hard enough trying to get over him, which I haven't actually accomplished yet.