Six

Chapter 6

Arianna's POV~

He slid his head back on to my shoulder. He sniffled, as if he were crying.

"I'm serious. Thank you." He whispered.

My cheeks blushed red. I tightened my hold around his body. His nose sniffled while I felt a tear flow down the side of my face. I just couldn't hold the tears in, the moment was too heart feeling and emotional.

"And I'm serious when I say it's nothing, Niall." I laugh.

He squeezes me tighter, hearing my words.

.-.-.-.-.-.

I arrived into the college campus the next morning, with a coffee from Starbucks in one hand, and another coffee for Hailey in the other. As I approached her, a big smile grew on her face, with her eyes lighting up.

"Thank youuuu." She squealed. I handed her the coffee and she gave me a quick, small hug.

"So, is Niall doing alright?" She asks me.

"Of course. But you just saw him last night though?" I reminded her.

"Yeah, but he is just too adorable!!!"

"Very." I laughed.

My eyes scanned the door, as it opened with Zayn entering behind it. He turned his head towards me and we suddenly made an awkward eye contact.

He smirked. What? Why was he grinning like that?

Hailey winked at me, as if it was a "Warning, Zayn's coming. Good luck." Kind of wink. She turned away and walked to another student to begin chatting with them.

Zayn raised his eyebrows at me when he got closer.

"Hey." He bit his upper lip.

"Hello." I smiled.

I was glad he was actually trying to make a normal conversation instead of his regular ignorant, intimidating ones. That was the Zayn I knew.

"I, uh...I wanna ask you somethin," He looked nervously around me.

"Zayn, you can look at me when you're talking to me,"

"Oh, sorry. Im just too excited. Guess what I got!" He pushes his hand into his pocket, about to pull something out, with a big grin on his mouth.

I raised one of my eyebrows and smiled.

"What is it?" I excitedly ask.

He reached deeper into his pocket and pulled out 2 little cards. He smiled.

"I got tickets for this concert. Wanna go?" He waved the tickets in front of me.

"Sure, that sounds great!" I smiled. This would be a good opportunity to make this friendship work again.

"Yes! Alright, I'ts this weekend, so I'll just call you, okay?" He pushed the tickets back into his pockets.

I nod. "Thanks, Zayn."

He flashes me one of his cute smiles he always does. A smile that I haven't seen for a long time. The kind of smile that sends butterflies into my stomach.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"I brought you chicken for dinner, Niall." I handed him the bag of food.

I tried to lift my eyelids but I was tired. I covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Thanks, Arianna." He licked his lips and rubbed his hands together.

I smiled, "I'm going to bed early tonight, alright? Work was busy today and I feel like I'm about to pass out."