Nineteen

Chapter 19

Arianna's POV ~

A new day.

It was another new day.

I felt sort of refreshed, walking out of my apartment door and down the steps.

I breathed in the cool, morning air and looked over at the sky.

It was beautiful today. Just beautiful.

I got over myself.

I gained back my mind that I had lost when Niall had left, but it had been 2 weeks now and I didn't feel as sad anymore.

I guess, things happen you know?

I still miss him more than anything, but I can wait. I can wait till he comes back. He said he would.

Taking a deep breath, I let it out with a smile.

It felt good to be back to my old self and not being a depressed, loveless person.

I glanced at my watch, looking at the time.

It was 7 am even. I wasn't going to be late for my 8 am class, if the bus just came in time.

I quickly rushed there, back to that same bench I always sat on.

The same wooden bench that I had first met Niall.

I took my hand and laid it beside me, smiling at the spot where Niall would usually be sitting on, smiling his heartwarming smile at me.

The bus huffed down the road and I stood up, preparing myself to jump on it.

Before I did though, I turned my head and looked at the bench.

I could almost feel myself tear up, but I now could control it, so I didn't.

I took it as a happy memory and smiled about it.

Leaving finally, I climbed into the bus and sat down, thinking of how I was going to make today happen without anything like the memories I missed stop me.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"I'm glad you finally came to class today." Hailey grinned.

I smiled as I wrote in my notebook.

I was behind on everything now, and like Hailey said, the professor looked like he wanted to kill me.

"Glad to be back." I whispered, not sounding that much excited since I hated school, and now more especially college.

"Why did you finally decide to come back? I mean, it's a good thing you're here but I couldn't even make you come out of that apartment." Hailey said, looking at me, waiting to know what it was that pulled me out finally.

"Zayn." I replied.

Hailey's eyes grew wide, and her eyebrows raised. "Zayn?" she asked.

"Zayn was the one? How the heck did he do it? Did he threaten you?"

I laughed, "No, Hailey." I rolled my eyes.

"Then how?" She asked.

"I don't know. He just asked me to come back. That's all.." I shrugged.

Her jaw dropped. "WHAT?"

"Shhh." I warned.

"But that's what I've been doing! How come when I did, it didn't work? I'm so confused." She slapped her palm on her forehead and shook her head.