Seven

Chapter 7

Arianna's POV~

Niall and I decided that we would just take a walk to the park nearby the college.

I couldn't afford going to a restaurant or a place where I would spend money. It was hard to take care of two people from one paycheck.

"You alright?" Niall asks me with worried eyes.

He must've seen me flying away in my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry." I apologized.

His worried eyes disappeared and his lips made a grin.

"Come on! Catch me if you can!" He started to run into the park's entrance.

"NIALL!" I shouted, laughing as I ran after him.

His blonde hair bounced as he ran, huffing for breath. I almost reached him, but he was way too fast. My short legs we're no match for his long ones.

He finally stopped and fell on his back to the ground. His body sprawled out on the dry grass. He gasped heavily to catch his breath.

"Niall! I didn't know you could run so fast, geez!" I huffed.

I felt a trickle of sweat run down my face. I breathed heavily, while resting my hands on my knees, leaned over looking down at him.

He smiled and rapidly jumped up. He started to dart again and before I knew it, he was already on the other side of the park.

Boy, was this guy fast. He sprinted like he was in the Olympics!

"ARIANNA!!!" He shouted, waving his hands in the air. He signaled his hand, telling me to come over.

"YOU WANT ME TO RUN ALL THE WAY THERE?!" I gasped.

"COME ON!" He waved at me.

I sighed, with a smile on my lips, I ran towards a grinning Niall.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"It took you a while!" Niall teased.

I fell on my bum, trying to catch my breath. I squeezed my eyes. I have never ran so much since high school.

"You okay?" He held his hand out towards me, and I grabbed it as he pulled me up.

He flashed me a smile after I stood up and dusted the dirt off my bum.

"FOOD CONTEST! FOOD CONTEST!" We heard a lady nearby shout.

Niall's eyes quickly shot up to the place the woman was standing. Without hesitating, he ran towards her. I watched as he disappeared once again.

"Niall." I tried to shout.

I watch as Niall grabs one of the flyers the woman was giving out. He smiled as he read it. Uh oh, this wasn't going to be good.

"Arianna!" He ran back towards me, with the flyer tight in his other hand.

"Look at this! It's a food contest!" He cheered.

I grasped the flyer and started to scan over the letters.

"FOOD CONTEST ON SATURDAY! WIN $1,000 IF YOU WIN! MUST BE OVER 18!"

"Niall, you want to do this?" I giggled.

"Why not? It's free food." He grinned.

"Okay, we'll go this Saturday." I handed him back the paper.

He smiled big. "ALRIGHT!"

He tapped me on the shoulder.

"TAG YOU'RE IT!" He shouted and ran the other way into the park.

I sighed.

"I'M GONNA GET YA!" I picked up my feet and ran towards him.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"We should probably go home now." I told Niall.

It was already past 8, and we were still out by the park, just walking around.

That day flew by pretty fast, while I shared laughs with Niall. We had ran around the whole park like little kids, with not even a care of who was watching us.

He was so fun to be with, he made me feel like a carefree person, just laughing with the world.

"Do we have to go back already? I like being outside. Especially at night." Niall threw the little rock across the park.

"Come on, we can walk back instead of riding the bus, so then you'll still be outside."

"Alright."

We walked out of the park and breathed in the night air and city lights. Cars drove past us as we walked down a long sidewalk.

"Arianna." Niall whispered.

"Mhm?"

"Do you think my family and friends are mad at me?" He asked.

"Why would they be mad at you, Niall?"

"Because I forgot all about them."

I sighed.

"It's not your fault. They'll understand. They know you wouldn't just leave like that, because I know you love them too much to do that."

He half smiled at my reply.

We walk down the path in a moment of silence, while watching the night surroundings.

I could tell Niall was deep in his thoughts. He would stare at something while we walked but he wasn't really watching it. He was thinking. And he was doing it hard.

He bit down on his bottom lip. Was he nervous?

"Arianna."

"Hmm?"

"Will you hold my hand?" His question makes me gasp.

"I feel so bad about myself right now. Please?" He begged.

I give him a smile.

"Of course you can, Niall." I raise out my arm for him.

He extends his arm out to mine and I felt his warm, soft fingers climb into mine. He bites on his bottom lip as he stared at me nervously and smiled.

I felt his comfort in this hold. His big hand over my tiny hand, protecting me. I liked that he would want to hold my hand if he was feeling like this.

My heart fluttered as we held hands, while still walking.

He tightened his grasp on my hand gently, trying not to let go.

Every now and then he would stop staring straight and just look back at me and flashed me one of his beautiful smiles.