Eighteen

Chapter 18

Arianna's POV ~

Pulling back, Zayn stared at me, with a half smile on his face, trying to keep me from crying.

My tears had stopped, realizing I needed to stop crying, I was getting too emotional over nothing.

Niall said he was coming back, and I believe him. I knew he was going to come back. He loved me too much to forget me like that.

It had only been a week anyway, I realized I was overreacting about the whole situation.

"You alright?" Zayn softly asked me, his hand still resting on my back.

I sighed at first, but smiled. "Yeah, forgive me for acting this way." I told him, picking myself up from the ground, and he stood up after me.

"Don't be sorry about anything, Arie." He dusted himself off.

"Just don't cry anymore, please. I can't bear to see you that way." He continued with a worried tone in his voice.

I took a last sniffle and nodded, wiping away the last of my tears from my moist cheek, and I picked my head up and looked at him, a smile taking it's place on my mouth.

"Thanks, Zayn. I wish you wouldn't worry about me too much, you might be getting wrinkles because of me." I teased, poking my finger on his forehead.

His eyes looked to my finger on his forehead, and he raised one of his eyebrows and the other one remained lowered, and he chuckled.

"What?! I'm getting wrinkles already?" He joked.

I laughed it off, shaking my head as I did so and walked past him, going into the kitchen and towards the sink.

Turning on the water faucet, I cupped my hands under it and splashed the water into my face.

I didn't like the way my tears had taken on my face and made it feel so sticky.

"Here." Zayn extended his hand to me, with a dry towel in it.

"Thanks." I said, taking it and drying my face.

I felt new and refreshed, but as my eyes hovered over the kitchen, I remembered when Niall climbed on the counter to grab some food from the cupboard.

Instead of feeling sad about it, I only smiled and let the memory wash over my body with happiness.

"Arianna." Zayn says, shocking me so when he actually says my whole first name instead of just shortening it.

This must meant he was about to say something serious, since he never said my name like that ever since our days when we we're little.

I guess I kinda grown on the way he called me just "Arie".

I don't even remember when he started calling me that. It's been a long time.

"Will you come back tomorrow? I mean, to class and work, and everything like before?" He asked.

I breathed out, relieved it was just that. I thought he was going to ask me something else, but I let that thought go.

"Yeah, I'll go." I responded, smiling.

He smiled, dropping his shoulders as if he was holding something heavy on them.

"Good. It's been so long since you've showed up at work, and I was afraid you were going to get fired." He said.