Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

Niall's POV~

After patiently waiting the whole afternoon, while watching movies with Amy, the doorbell finally rang.

Amy shot up, nervous, not knowing that my parents were coming.

"Who's here?" she asked me when I stood up from the sofa.

"Mom and Dad." I answered, and she looked at me worriedly, getting up and following me to the front door.

I opened the door, and there they were with big smiles on their faces.

They were fake smiles, with a hint of worry in them.

They still weren't over my memory loss.

I know how big of a deal it was, but I wish they would just take me as I was now.

There was nothing I could do about it.

"Niall!" Mom came in first, wrapping her arms around me and hugging me tightly.

"Mom.." I muttered.

She held me for a minute, then pulled back. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded and walked into the house.

"We can stay for an hour, but we have to leave soon. We have some business to take care of in town." Dad informed me as he walked in.

An hour was long enough.

Really, all I really needed was ten minutes... Or even less.

I told Amy that I needed to talk to my parents in private, at first she seemed like she wanted to ask about it, but then she hesitated, and walked out of the door to sit on the front porch.

When I turned around to face my parents, they were in the dining room, already sitting on the chairs.

They waited for me to walk over and sit on a chair near them.

"Alright... What is it you need to talk to us so badly about?" Dad asked first.

I looked at both of them, and they had worries in their eyes. Just like they always do.

"I was going to ask about..." I started to speak, but then I stopped.

If I asked the question so early it would probably scare them and they would tell me no.

I'll take this slowly.

"I'm nineteen years old, you guys know that. And that means I'm an adult... Also meaning that I can go wherever I want and do whatever I want and be with whoever I want without having to ask for your permission..." I started to speak.

Mom sat back, as if she knew where this was heading. Dad just looked at me, waiting for me to go on.

"I know that because I've been missing for a while that it worried you both, and I know what happened to me is something I never thought would ever happen, but now you both know that I'm safe, and if I'm gone, you shouldn't worry about me anymore.. Because I'm old enough now to be on my own, and," Dad held up his hand in the air to stop me from talking.

"Wait, this sounds like you're going to college or something.. Niall, are you planning to leave?" He asked my question.

I nodded, and they both looked down at the ground in reaction.

They were both quiet for a minute.

"Where are you going to go? What about Amy? Are you taking her with you?" Mom broke the silence.