Twenty-Nine

Chapter 29

Niall's POV~

It was a good morning.

Only because the person I loved more than anything was sprawled on my chest, her brown hair climbing on my neck, but I didn't care.

She was still sleeping, so I didn't flinch, not wanting to wake her.

I combed through her hair with my hand, feeling her soft hair. It smelled good too.

I can't believe I was actually back on this bed, in Arianna's apartment.

I just, I don't know, I guess I never thought it would finally happen.

It felt like its been too long to be possible. But now, here I am beside her.

When I was gone I realized how much I needed her.

She had become apart of me and without her I was incomplete.

For I don't how long, probably just twenty minutes I remained combing through her hair and thinking.

They were happy thoughts though.

I was also planning what we were going to do, since I had all the time in the world to spend with her.

Now that I knew I was going to stay here, I had to get a job also.

I couldn't live off of my girlfriend like this. It was wrong and I was the guy who was supposed to pay for everything.

Two loud knocks on Arianna's front door scared the hell out of me, and apparently it did the same to Arianna.

She woke up, quickly jumping up.

"Who is it?" she sat up in bed and looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Uh," I said.

I was still tired. "Are you expecting anyone?" I asked her.

She shook her head, then her eyes widened. She muttered something under her breath that I didn't hear.

What was going on?

"Stay here, Niall." she smiled at me as she climbed out of bed, and I dramatically let go of her hand slowly and she laughed.

"No, but really, stay here." she seriously told me, and that's when I got up.

What was going on?

I nodded and she ran out of the bedroom and closed the door behind her.

I looked around, fumbling about on the bed for my T-shirt.

I must've gotten hot last night and took it off. I heard the front door open, and quiet muffled voices.

They weren't quietly speaking, the walls were just thick enough so I couldn't hear what was being said.

I did know that it was Arianna's voice, and the other one was... A guy.

That's when I jumped out of bed and towards the bedroom door.

Arianna told me not to come out but hell with that there was guy in the apartment.

Cliché or whatever I had to protect my girlfriend. I chuckled.

Was I always this cheesy?

I opened the door just a tiny crack to be able to see the front door.