37

EPILOGUE

Ella ran inside the house where Taylor, Quinn, and Kaleb were waiting for her.

"Hurry up Ella! We should already almost be there! Where the hell have you been? We're gonna be late." Ella struggled to change and turned the fan on high to cool off and sprayed some perfume on herself.

"The client wouldn't stop talking. He wanted me to keep taking pictures and then he kept talking. I didn't want to be rude and then I lost track of time." Ella sighed and ran to put her shoes on as she checked her outfit and hair one last time.

"Well this is your girlfriends big concert! Come on! Chop chop chop!"

"I know! I'm coming. Calm your tits." They ran out of the room and Ella picked Kaleb up in greeting and went out to the car. "Hey bud."

"Hi mommy!" Ella smiled brightly at the boy. He started calling her mommy some time after he turned three, claiming that he wanted her to be and that she made his momma happy. Ella was over the moon and started crying when he called her mommy. Kodi's heart was also so warm when he agreed for her to be her other mom.

"Are you excited to see momma's concert? I have your headphones." He nodded excitedly and Ella strapped him into his seat.

"Cant believe this shit," Taylor huffed.

"You need to grow some balls El. You should've told your client you couldn't keep going. James and the rest of the family are already there waiting for us to come." Ella rolled her eyes at Quinn. She already feels bad. She knows Kodi is probably freaking out.

"I'll call her. How about that? The show doesn't start for another fifteen minutes."

"And we will be there in like ten!"

"See Q! Enough time to see her.. possibly." Ella fished out her phone, ignoring the complaining from Quinn as she dialed her lovers number.

"Hey babe!" Ella greeted.

"El! Where are you!?" Kodi sounded frantic and nervous.

"I'm sorry Lee, we're on our way. Don't worry. I'll be in the wings of your show I promise. We're almost there. You want Taylor to speed?" Taylor started to argue about how that isn't safe and Ella smirked. "I'm joking Kodi, I have Kaleb with me. I would never." Kodi sighed in relief as she paced her room. Her assistant was standing by the door, waiting to take her to the arena where she will be playing.

"Thank you, but please hurry. I need you." Her voice broke at the end and so did Ella's heart. She felt terrible that she went over time. She didn't mean to, she thought that she would have more time. Kodi is still dealing with her anxiety and stage fright, she should've been there. Ella closed her eyes tightly, trying to make the tears go away as she heard her girlfriends vulnerability.

"I'll be there Kodi Lee. I promise. We're pulling up now okay? I'll have Q and Tay bring in Kaleb. I'll see you in a few minutes, hang tight, I love you." Ella hung up and gave Kaleb a kiss on the cheek and ruffled his hair. "I have to go see momma, but I'll see you soon and we'll watch the show together. Be good and listen to your aunts!"

"Okay mommy!" He yelled after her as she ran out of the car and to James who had wide eyes and was rushing her in.

"You know where the room is right?" She nodded and sprinted down towards the room, not even knocking when she got to it. Kodi was pacing and wringing her wrists and her head shot up when she heard the door and practically fell into her girlfriends arms. Her assistant left the room to give them privacy, saying she had three minutes.

"Oh baby, it's okay," Ella murmured into her hair and rubbed Kodi's back gently. "What's going on in your head?"

"There's so many people out there.. I don't want to screw any of this up."