28

"Babe! You need to stop letting all your clothes lay around the house! We need to clean today," Sarah yelled at me.

I groaned.

"Why'd you wake me up so early just to clean," I whined.

She got into bed with me and straddled my waist and kissed me softly.

"You know I like to start my cleaning early. We can take a nap after if you'd like?" She put her hands on my cheeks and smiled at me.

"Duh. What time is it anyways?"

"Uh, seven fifty-five?" She cringed. I groaned again.

"You know I don't wake up till like ten. You could've waited till like eight at least."

"Well too bad. Come on. Get your ass up." She clapped her hands and got off of me. I watched her leave the room and I smiled.

"Can I at least watch some tv for a little bit?" I asked.

"Only a little bit!"

I grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels. I can't believe she woke me up for this shit. She said I needed to start helping around the house, she thinks she does everything. I mean I understand, I'll start helping, but don't wake me up so early. I love her, but I need my sleep.

Something caught my eye and I stopped. I went back and it was the news. A jail break.. damn. What is this a CW show? I froze when I seen a familiar face come up on screen. I don't think I've ever sat up so quick. I grabbed my phone and dialed my mom.

Twelve prisoners escaped last night.

They went through the list of names and pictures.

...and Peter Mason a known stalker and sexual predator. Keep an out out for these men. Doors locked and stay safe.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up," I muttered.

"Kyler, now is not the time," she said frantically.

"Did you see the news!?"

I got out of bed and started to get dressed.

"Yes I seen the news. Which is why now is not the time. I'm trying to get ahold of Kodi, but she isn't answering me."

My heart dropped.

"She's not there?"

"She was going to the grocery store. Maybe she stopped at Ella's, but I don't know. She said it would be a quick trip. I got to go."

She hung up on me and I cursed out loud.

"Sarah! Babe! Today is not the day to clean. We have to go. Try calling Kodi."

"Why what's wrong?" She was in the kitchen putting dishes away.

"Peter escaped prison," I breathed. Her eyes widened. Sarah knew about him. She helped Kodi through some things. She was studying to become a therapist. "Kodi went to the store. She's not home. I don't know what store because she claims it's good to go to a variety and to switch it up now and then. They all have different things. She could've went to Ella's but I don't know her number. I could find her address. But I don't-" I ran out of breath and Sarah put her hands on my cheeks.

"Breathe Ky. We'll find her. Come on. We'll go to Ella's first. You find the address and I'll drive. Keep calling her as well. Let's go."

I nodded and ran out to the car with Sarah hot on my heels. I started typing away at my phone trying to find the address. Ella Adams. Bingo.