Extra

This is a few months after Kodi told her parents that she was quitting college to be a singer and her dad did not like that.

@T_Bank asked for it :) It's a very valid suggestion since I didn't exactly include entirely what happened, and I'm sorry about that.

Thanks for the suggestion!
———
Kodi sighed as she began to get another lecture, this time from both her mom and her girlfriend.

"Kodi, you really need to go talk to him," Kara scolded her daughter.

"He's your dad, babe. I understand what he said was wrong, but you guys haven't talked in a long time. You guys always ignore each other when you have to be in the same room," Ella spoke up from the stove where she was cooking breakfast.

"Well then maybe he should have supported me!" Kodi defended herself. "He's supposed to be my dad."

"He is, honey. He just... has a different opinion."

"An opinion about something that shouldn't even matter," Kodi scoffed and took a sip of her orange juice. Ella started plating the food and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Want me to talk to him first?" Ella smirked. Kodi cracked a smile and shook her head as they started to dig in.

"Look, your dad supports your singing, honey. He just... doesn't support it as your career," Kara said softly.

"So? It shouldn't matter whether it's a career choice or not. He should support me no matter what. He was always so cool and supporting. He supporting me being gay, he supported the talent shows I was in, but when I say I actually want to sing for a living, that's where it stops and that's where he has to hate me or some shit?" Kara gave her an eye for the language and sighed.

This was a reason Kara and Kyle had divorced. They did run out of love, but he was always so hot and cold.

He didn't like specific things. He was always a sweetheart to his kids. He loves them with all of his heart, but he always assumed they were going to go into the family business.

Though, they never actually sat down and talked to Kodi about it. Kyler and Kenny were always so alike when it came to things, they were loud, spoke their opinion, they loved marketing in school, taking the little class, they loved numbers and math.

When Kara and Kyle had brought up to them when they were freshmen, that if they wanted to work in the family business, it would be great. Kyle actually gave them a choice there because he knew that they would like it. Kenny always talked about going into accounting, but the mere mention of being able to be in the business was a dream to him and he hopped at the opportunity. So did Kyler.

Kodi was always a little different. Yes, she spoke her opinion and she could be loud, but she was never a huge fan of numbers or marketing or anything like that. She was really good in school, but Kara could tell it was all just a show. She seen her before, looking up the answers or copying them off of a friend form school. Kara never mentioned anything because she would be a hypocrite and she could care less. She wanted her baby to graduate. She herself had cheated in school a lot. It wasn't that big of a deal to her.

Kodi was always singing in her room and in the shower. Kyle thought she had on of the most beautiful voices. When she was twelve, he brought up the family business to her and she told him how she didn't like going there.

Kodi told him how he liked his assistant watching her, but going there to be babysat was awful and she wanted to go somewhere else.

Yes, she was young. He probably shouldn't have addressed the job to her at such a young age, but he kept a smile on his face when she said that. He told her that she could do whatever she wanted to do when she was older.