5

^Kaleb
*1 month later*(sorry for all the time skips)

Might be a bit triggering during this chapter.

———

Ella and I skype every night, and talk everyday and it's amazing.

At the moment Ella is calling me on Skype, and I'm watching Kaleb, he's in his bouncer watching the Wild Kratts.

"Kodi! Guess what!" Ella yells once I answer the call.

"What!?" I yell in almost the same volume, trying not to make Kaleb cry.

"I'm graduating in a little over a week and we're gonna get to meet!"

"I know! I'm super excited," I smiled.

"Me too!" She yelled. "But like super nervous."

"Ok what the hell are you excited at, I can hear you all the way down here," Kacy's voice whispers as she comes out of her room.

"Hey language.." I glare at her "..but guess what," I say jumping up and down, almost positive I hear Ella whisper "you're cute," making my grin wider.

Kacy looks at me dumbfounded and motions me to continue, "I'm meeting Ella in about a week!"

"That's sick! Graduation right?" she grins. Kacy has somewhat gotten closer to Ella. Whenever we Skype sometimes they'll talk.

"Yes ma'am."

"Where'd your beautiful face go?" Ella asks.

Hiding my blush I stupidly say, "I uh I-I got to go, bye Ella!" I stuttered.

Mentally cursing at myself for it I hang up. "Nice one," Kacy chuckles under her breath. I hide my face, walking back to my room with Kacy behind me.

Kaleb looks up at my smiling, showing off a tooth that is starting to grow in. My poor baby has been teething recently.

His little perfect smile that can light up the whole world. His icy blue eyes that make me melt when I look at them. My hands make their way under his armpits and lift him up, pecking his cheek.

"It looks like he's gonna have your smile... he's so precious," Kacy strokes his cheek.

"How's my baby boy?" I whisper to him. He coos, smiling up at me, making me smile. As I talk to Kacy I notice Kaleb's eyes closing. I say goodnight to Kacy before taking Kaleb to his room. I kiss his head and set him in his crib before going back to my room and laying down.

12:39am

The clock read. I check my phone and notice I have eight messages. Most of them from an unknown number and the others from Ella. I check Ella's first.

might not be able to talk a whole lot this week, gonna have a lot going on for graduation. Sorry babe :(
but I'll try and text you as much as I can. 7 more days!! :)

I felt my stomach fill with a fuzzy feeling, but I ignored it.

ok! Great :)

I know she's asleep so I click out of our conversation and go to the unknown number.

hey whore
how are you doing? Not that I care or anything but I just wanna see how the slut is handling a demon child
the baby is probably as ugly and fat as you.
stupid bastard child, just like you.
bye bitch!

Tear pricked in my eyes as my demos came back out from hiding. I wrung at my wrist, a nervous habit of mine, as my hands started to shake.

They're right ya know.

You're a fat, ugly whore.

You deserved it all.

"No.." I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut. I tried to take some breaths, but it wasn't working.

I inhaled a sharp breath as I grab my phone again and text one of the people who knows my problems and can help.

Help me Taylor.

I got a reply back almost immediately.

what's wrong!?

I need a distraction.

Anytime I had ever said I needed a distraction she knew what was happening.

babe.. don't listen to them. You're beautiful and worthy. Do you want me to call you and sing?

Whenever I lived back in Portland Taylor would always come over and make sure I wouldn't do anything and she'd always sing to me to make me sleep, but after I had moved, whenever I had a problem with my depression and I was caught up in my thoughts she would call me and sing to me.

please?

A few seconds later a call came in. Taylor. And at this point I was sobbing. I slide the call over to answer as tears run down my face.

"Hey babe.." she spoke in a quiet, soft voice. Hearing her voice made me miss her a lot more and I started to sob. "Hey hey hey, it's okay, you're okay. Don't cry love. You're okay. Lay down, close your eyes, and focus on me yeah?" She started singing and I was immediately made me go in awe and close my eyes. My sobs and tears started to die down. And I found myself drifting into sleep.

*****

After I had got done singing the song to Kodi, I heard her slow breathing and soft snores, and a small smile appeared on my lips. Hearing her cry like that breaks my heart. She's my best friend and I hate seeing her hurt.

I hang up the call and go to wake up my mom.

"Hey mom?" I call out and shake her.

"What," she grumbles. It's now or never.

"I need to ask you something," I say quickly. This gets her attention. She sits up and reaches for her phone.

"And what may that be considering it's one in the damn morning?" She asks in a curious tone yet glares at me.

"I was wondering if I could go fly down to see Kodi? Please please please mom. I just had to call her to sing to her because she's struggling right now," I beg her.

My mom was the one person I told Kodi's depression and anxiety about. She loves Kodi like her own daughter. I had only told her because she caught me sneaking inside the house from coming back from comforting Kodi at her house at like 3am. So I had to tell her so I could keep doing it and wouldn't get grounded. I knew she'd keep it secret.

Her eyes grow concerned, "what's wrong? Is she okay?" she asks.

"I don't know.. she texted me saying she needs my help and I called her and she was sobbing so I sang her to sleep. Can I please go? I don't think she'll be in the right set of mind the next few days and she has to take care of Kaleb and it might stress her out, and plus, I miss my best friend," I say, giving her my puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," my mom says, "you can go, but only because I'm worried about my other daughter," she smiles softly at me.

A huge grin breaks out on my face as I wrap her in a hug, "thank you thank you thank you thank you," I kiss her cheek. "How long can I stay?" I ask her.

"Only a month okay?" If it's possible my smile grew even bigger.

"I'm gonna catch the earliest flight I can get," I say and run upstairs.

I'm on my laptop trying to find a ticket while packing and the closest flight I could get left at 11am. Which was pretty fine for me. I'm only taking one suitcase but it's pretty big. I'll just buy some clothes there and borrow some of Kodi's.

Hours later, I'm leaving my house after saying bye to my mom. Before I leave my drive way I text Kodi.

I'm on my way love

———
Word Count: 1276