27

It was Halloween day and Julia asked to meet up. I had to take Kaleb and Kane trick-or-treating tonight and I was also going to a Halloween party. Kaleb can't exactly eat any candy, but it's the thought the counts. I'll just eat it.

I'm not sure if the party is a good idea or not, but it's a costume party! I have to go. I was going as a devil and Ella was going as an angel. The typical cliche couple costume, I know.

I was on my way to Noonan's to meet Julia. I'm just happy I get to have some potstickers and sticky buns.

Walking into Noonan's, I ordered my potstickers and went to sit down. I soon seen Julia coming in, she spotted me and headed over.

"Hey," she smiled lightly.

"Hi."

"How're you?"

"I'm really good. You?"

"I'm okay.. Your dad has been over a lot recently. He's really cool."

"Yeah he is," I frowned. Julia is gonna get to spend more time with my dad than I am. I'm glad he's happy, but I wish Layla didn't have kids to be honest, especially ones I know.

"Look, I just want to talk okay? I know this is really weird. I promise I didn't mean to make things weird nor make things bad with you and Ella, but I'm glad you guys worked things out and you're happy."

I sighed.

"I don't care about all that. I just feel awkward because you're literally my step sister. Almost at least. It's just weird. And you get to see my dad all the time? I don't like that. Okay? I'm big on family. Immediate family. I just don't like it. It's weird because we had sex and your mom is dating my dad. It's just, I don't know. We're good though okay?"

She frowned. A waitress came over with my potstickers and my mood lightened a little bit.

I immediately dipped one in the sauce and put it in my mouth.

"I'm sorry about all that. I promise we're not trying to take your dad. My mom is happy. I didn't know who she was dating for a while until right before that dinner. I don't want this to be weird between us, please. I just.. we both moved on from it. You're dating Ella. I'm dating Brittany. It's all good. We can just forget this yeah?"

The potsticker heading to my mouth stopped midair.

"Come again? You're dating Brittany? Like.. Ella's cousin Brittany?"

She nodded.

"Huh. That's cool! Congrats, you guys would be cute," I smiled.

"Thank you. Can we put all this behind us?"

I pondered.

"Yeah," I smiled. "We can put it behind us."

She smiled brightly at me and held out her hand. I chuckled and shook it. I ate another potsticker.

"I'm sure in a few years we'll forget we even slept together."

"Way to bring it up again already. I don't think I can forget that now though, it's just too weird not to forget."

She laughed at me.

"You not eating anything?" I stuck the last cream coated potsticker in my mouth.

She shook her head.

"I was hoping this would be a little quick cause I'm busy and I'm sure you are too."

I nodded my head.

"Trick-or-treating and a party tonight."

I took a sip of water and wiped my mouth.