15

"Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done a cover on here but I've been getting a lot of comments and decided to post. I Look at You by Miley Cyrus." I started strumming.

It was the weekend. Which meant one of my family members is taking care and spending time with Kaleb while I get a little me time till I want him back.

That sounds a little funny thinking of it now.

I decided to record a song for my youtube channel. They suggested Miley Cyrus, I Look at You. It has been a song I sing quite often. I used to always sing it to Kaleb when he got fussy or to put him asleep.

I finished recording and decided to go to the cafe to edit it, even though I didn't really need to edit anything, I just wanted something to eat. I needed a different setting.

I grabbed my laptop, earbuds and bag and headed out the door after checking on Kacy.

Mom had took Kaleb out since she was off.

I ordered my coffee and I got a sandwich and sat down in the corner by the window. There were a few paps around but I ignored them, trying to calm my nerves.

It was only noon. I always thought my voice worked better in the mornings and at night. Weird I know.

I sipped on my drink, before going back to work.

There wasn't much to do really. I had the intro, then I sang and the outro. I didn't have to add anything or take anything out. Besides the very beginning and very end.

I felt a tap at my side and I shot up, looking to my right.

"Hey you," she smiled and sat down across from me.

My stomach got butterflies as I smiled back, "hey El."

"What're you doing here?"

I shut my laptop, "I was editing my video to post on youtube."

"You post on youtube?" Her eyes lit up. "What do you post?"

"Singing videos," I mumbled. I forgot she's never heard me sing.

She started jumping in her seat and she smiled even bigger. My heart swelled watching her. She was so precious.

"Oh my god!" She squealed. "I'm gonna have to go watch those. I didn't know you had a channel! Oh my goodness I'm so excited."

I smiled and listened to her ramble about how much she loves listening to other people sing.

She finally stopped, "you wanna hang out today?"

"Sure. Do you wanna come over and swim?"

"Heck yeah! I'll stop by at my house to get a suit and I'll be right over! And does this happen often?" She glanced at the paps.

"Sometimes. I'm sorry. I'll see you in a bit," I smiled at her. She reached over the table and squeezed my hand before stumbling away.

My heart beat was racing. She's been seeming to have that effect on me lately.

I gathered my stuff and headed out the door back home.

*****

I got inside the house and Kacy was there with her friend Marissa. I told her Ella was coming over and went upstairs to change into a swim suit.

I decided on a plain red one. It matches well with the tan on my skin that I've gotten this summer.

I heard a knock on the door and immediately rushed down to open it.