The Goblet of Fire

Severia made her way to the Great Hall alongside Ruby, Pansy and Draco. Pansy and Ruby were whispering ahead of Draco and Severia. They hadn't spoken since that night in the common room.

"Severia, why have you been avoiding me this past week?" Draco asked quietly.

This was the exact reason. She was avoiding him so that she would never have to tell him why.

"I'm not avoiding you, Draco. I'm just busy. Between Moody and my father, I barely have time to eat." Severia said. Part of this was true, she did have a lot of homework. However, she could easily finish it within an hour if she wasn't so distracted.

"Severia, you may be a lot of things, but you aren't a very good liar." He whispered.

Severia thought her heart had stopped.

"Oh, Draco. You aren't worth a lie." She said as she sat down on the other side of Ruby, letting Pansy sit next to Draco.

As the names were called, the students cheered. Fleur Delacour, Viktor Krum and Cedric Diggory were the three names drawn from the Goblet. The three participants exited the Great Hall and entered a room adjacent to it. Here, they were to await instructions.

Dumbledore had turned to follow the participants when another name flew out of the Goblet. It was Harry Potter's. Severia gasped the loudest out of all the Slytherins. She knew he wouldn't put his name in there. Even if he wanted to, there was no way he could've. Snape looked at Severia from his seat at the table. At this glare, she knew to stay seated.

~~~

While it was not easy, it was settled. There would be two participants from Hogwarts. The first task was in two weeks which gave Severia, Harry, Ron and Hermione time to prepare.

The Slytherins knew better than to talk about their hatred for the Golden Trio when Severia was present. While they could never understand what she should want to do with them, they let it be. She was the daughter of the head of their house. What choice did they have?

~~~

One night when Severia was going to go to the library in order to help the Trio, she heard voices in the common room. She slowly walked in to discover Draco talking to Pansy.

"Severia?" Draco said confused.

He looked drowsy.

"Hi, I don't mean to interrupt. I'm going to the library." Severia said quickly.

"Oh no, we wouldn't want the princess to feel excluded. Go on, tell her Draco. Tell her what you told me." Pansy said with a smirk.

"I really don't have time for this." Severia said.

"Severia," Draco began, "I- I wanted to tell you that."

"Draco, I've got to go." Severia said as slid out of the common room. Whatever he was about to say, she was not ready to hear. She had a job to do and neither Draco or Pansy were going to stand in the way of that.