Hogsmeade and The Dog

Severia woke up the next morning to find Ruby putting together an outfit. Today was the Hogsmeade visit.

"Why are you awake before me?" Severia asked, extremely alarmed.

"Oh! I guess I just didn't sleep very well." Ruby said.

"Ruby." Severia warned.

"Fine, okay. Draco asked me to go to Hogsmeade with him and I had no idea how to tell you... I'm really sorry." Ruby said as fast as she could.

"Ruby, come here." Severia said. Ruby couldn't make out how she felt by her tone. Regardless, she walked over to her. "What you do with Draco is none of my business, Rube. I am happy for you! I just want you to be happy, too." Severia said.

"Way to go, Snape. Now I'm emotional." Ruby said sarcastically.

"Shut up, Ruby!" Severia rolled her eyes and pulled her into a hug.

As they both got ready, they talked about the days that were ahead of them. Ruby planned the shops she wanted to visit with Draco and Severia said she would be going with the Golden Group. She made no mention of Sirius or Harry's scar.

"You and Harry are getting pretty close, huh?" Ruby teased.

"We have always been close, Ruby. All four of us." Severia said as she parted her hair for the braids.

"But it's the way he looks at you! I don't think the rest of them do that." Ruby began. "They also don't turn pink every time you speak."

"He's just nervous. He's always been that way apparently, even after all of the things he's done." Severia said.

"Then why were you his hostage, Severia? You were the one person he cared about enough to be trapped underwater. It wasn't Ron and it wasn't Hermione. It was you." Ruby said, hoping it would finally click in Severia's head.

"Its not that simple." Severia said, brushing off Ruby's comments. "I have to go talk to my father. And wipe that smirk off of your face, Ruby." Ruby laughed and turned her attention onto her shoelaces.

Severia waved to Ruby and went off to find her father. Luckily, he had just come out of his room and was talking to a few Slytherins in the common room.

"Uh- Excuse me, father, could I ask you something?" Severia tapped the back of his robes.

"Of course." He said, motioning for the other students to walk away.

"So... Harry asked me to walk around Hogsmeade with them. I just wanted to tell you who I'd be with today so that you aren't worried." She said. Severia hadn't gone on any Hogsmeade trips before, so this was a big risk.

"Are you asking for permission or telling me your plans?" He asked her.

"Well, I was hoping you'd agree with me. I've shown you that I can be responsible!" Severia tried to convince him.

"You have, indeed. However that boy has a track record of-" He said.

"But if I'm there he wouldn't do anything like that. Why would he when I'm your daughter? He won't get into any fights, father, I promise." Severia pleaded with him. He stared at her for awhile longer, admiring her confidence in Harry.

He put his hand to the side of her face and said, softly, "No fights?"

"I'll come back without a single scratch."

"Then you may go."

~~~

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Severia walked around Hogsmeade. Harry had a bag on him that contained food for Sirius in it. The sun was so warm that it might as well cook the food for a second time.